Bay of Islands Overnight Cruise Bay of Islands
Bay of Islands Overnight Cruise
Bay of Islands overnight sightseeing tour on board Ipipiri
With 144 islands and abundant marine and bird life, the Bay of Islands is one of New Zealand’s finest sub-tropical maritime parks - stunning during the day, and unforgettable at night.
This unique one night cruise offers an experience that will surround you in the breathtaking beauty of the Bay of Islands. Learn about the region's historical and cultural significance as you journey back to the birthplace of New Zealand. Ipipiri offers a relaxed environment, where you can do as much or as little as you like. Try snorkelling or kayaking in the clear waters before relaxing with a refreshing drink on the top deck as the sun sets behind the sheltered islands of the Bay.
If relaxation is more your style, then you can choose to soak up the views from the sundeck, read a book, play a board game or chat with our knowledgeable crew. Ipipiri offers a relaxed environment, where you can do as much or as little as you like.
As the sun sets behind the islands of the Bay and your cruise ship finds a sheltered cove to moor overnight, the ambiance transforms aboard Ipipiri. New Zealand wines, local cuisine and knowledgeable crew help create the perfect setting... Immerse yourself into the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands at night.
Enjoy a Buffet Dinner in the dining room featuring local produce and traditional kiwi dishes. Starters will be plated and served to your table. Guests are invited to help themselves from the buffet for the main course and dessert.
Onboard Activities and Island Excursions
When Ipipiri anchors at sea, the onboard tender (a small run-about) ferry passengers to and from nearby sheltered and secluded islands to enjoy activities like snorkeling, swimming, tree planting and kayaking. The crew will help visitors with local information and provide interpretation of the many legends and stories unique to this area. The following complimentary activities are available to all guests:
Discover the secluded beaches, caves, peaceful birds and marine wildlife on an intimate kayaking tour.
With some of the warmest waters in New Zealand, the Bay of Islands is a haven for sub tropical fish.
A leisurely stroll on a secluded beach is a great way to unwind and take in the sights and sounds of the Bay. Weather permitting; this is also a great opportunity for swimming.
Ipipiri, at 150 feet (44 metres) is the largest cruising ship permanently based in New Zealand, and provides a truly impressive cruise experience in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand. Spread over four levels this catamaran includes a spacious sundeck with 360 degree views, a 70-seat restaurant and bar and 30 ocean view cabins. All cabins include full sized ensuites and panoramic sea views so that you can watch the sun rise and set from the privacy of your cabin. Cruising at 12 knots through the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands, the vessel has been designed to provide maximum stability and minimum wake.
- Optional return coach transfers from Auckland
- Scenic cruise around the Bay of Islands
- Expert commentary and guides
- Ocean view cabin with private ensuite (double or twin share)
- Three course buffet dinner with fresh local produce
- Cooked and continental breakfast
- Overnight cruise
- Allow 23 hours if meeting boat in Paihia
- Allow 36 hours with connecting coach transfers from Auckland
- Boat departs from Paihia with return coach transfers available from Auckland
- Check in at 12.30pm in Paihia (returns by 11.30am on day 2)
- If travelling from Auckland your coach departs at 7.30am (returns by 7.30pm on day 2)
- Operates daily from September to May
- Please note that Ipipiri has private cabins that sleep 2 people (twin share or double rooms). If you are travelling on your own please book sole occupancy which means you get a cabin on your own
- For those catching the coach back to Auckland you will have 5 hours free time in Paihia before your coach departs at 4pm
- Ipipiri has 30 ocean view cabins, catering up to a maximum of 70 passengers overnight
- Please pack an overnight bag only. Bring swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable shoes, warm jackets, change of clothes, and a camera. Your state room will have the following facilities: bed linen, pillows, towels, face cloth, full size ensuite, king size bed / or two singles, toiletries, independent heat pump A/C in all rooms
- Infants (0-24months inclusive) travel for $20 for a porta cot
- Smoking on the vessel is limited to the mid deck stern (rear of vessel) only