Hot Air Balloons - Sunrise Queenstown
Hot Air Balloons - Sunrise
Sunrise Balloons offers a once in a life time experience in a hot air balloon. Lift off and drift effortlessly over the rugged landscape, lakes, rivers and mountains. Flights normally take place in the valleys between Queenstown and Arrowtown. Get a bird's eye view of some of the filming locations used in Lord of The Rings.
After a spectacular flight, indulge in a champagne style breakfast served at the landing site. Some locations used in The Lord of The Rings can also be seen, for example, The Ford of Bruinen; Dimrill Dale; The Gates of Argonath; The Pillars of The Kings. Also visible is Mount Earnslaw, one of the great mountains seen in Isengard.
- Return transfers from accommodation
- 1 hr scenic flight balloon flight
- A champagne celebration when you land
- Certificate as a momento of the flight
- Allow 3hrs round trip from Queenstown
- Early morning (Before sunrise usually somewhere between 5.30am and 7am)
- Pick up from your hotel or central Queenstown
- Flights routes may vary due to weather and at the pilot's discretion
- The balloon can hold up to a maximum of 14 people
- Maximum weight of 125kg per person
- Dress warmly as it can be very cold early in the morning
- Sunglasses are strongly recommended
- Children must be at least 5 years old (no infants) for safety reasons.