Parasailing - Big Sky Taupo
Parasailing - Big Sky
Come soar 800 feet above lake Taupo, New Zealand’s most beautiful lake. Big Sky Parasail offers 2 different flights. A 400 ft flight and an 800 ft flight. Dry take off and landings from the back deck of our 9 metre purpose built winch boat.
Come experience our one of a kind optional freefall. This is where we slow the vessel and let you parachute down to the water’s edge, only to be whisked back into the sky. We like to call it Taupo's fastest elevator!
Professional digital photo packages are available. Fun for the whole family. No experience necessary. Observers are welcomed on space availability. Bookings are essential. Big Sky is a proud co-founder of the NZPA. Bringing recognized safety standards to the NZ parasail industry.
- 400ft (10 minutes) or 800ft flight (12 minutes)
- Optional freefall
- Optional foot dip
- High speed boat ride
- Allow 1 hour (10-12 minutes flight time)
- Hourly from 9am to 5pm
- Departs from the lakefront next to the 'Hole in One' golf challenge
- Operates during summer (Dec - April)
- Fly solo, tandem or triple. All prices are per person
- Maximum 8 passengers per trip
- Dry take off and landing. Unless you want to get wet. Just let your skipper know!
- Professional digital photo package available
- Women’s and men’s apparel available on board
- Minimum age to fly is 5 years old
- Minimum weight to fly solo is 60kg. Max combined weight is 200 kg. Skippers discretion
- Early Bird Special - book the 9am or 10am flight and it's $10 cheaper per person