Seal Coast Safari Wellington
Seal Coast Safari
Have you ever had a muffin with a seal? Well, you can on a Seal Coast Safari! Let the fabulous views of Wellington, the Cook Strait and the South Island, take your breath away as we climb over hills and farmland. We then drop down to the sea and 4WD along the beaches of Wellington’s rugged south coast, which we like to call the ‘Seal Coast’. Stopping at the Leaning Lighthouse, guests are then able to see a native New Zealand fur seal colony up close and personal, as we enjoy tea, coffee and muffins.
To get to the seals we climb in the vehicles (we call them "Sealmobiles") up and over a fault-line, and we have privileged access through a farm where we come face to face with wild goats, ostriches, and maybe wild horses. You will be gob-smacked by the spectacular views of the City, the South Island, both the Pacific and Tasman oceans and distant snow-capped mountain ranges. Finally the tour also visits the Brooklyn Wind Turbine, with more stunning views of the City, harbour and surrounding hills. Almost all of the 3-hour safari is on restricted or unmarked private roads or tracks. This means there are no crowds, only the people on the trip for much of the safari.
Seal Coast Safari is a Qualmark endorsed visitor activity, and we guarantee you will see seals no matter what time of the year!
- 4wd seal tour
- Tea/coffee and a gourmet muffin
- Central Wellington city accommodation pick-ups available for morning departure
- Allow 3 hours
- 10am & 1.30pm
- Departs from the Wellington i-Site Visitor Centre on Wakefield street
- Wellington central hotel pick ups available for the 10am departure
- Operates daily all year
- No walking involved
- Baby seats and booster seats are available upon request
The Safaris can be somewhat bumpy so if you have any back problems please let us know
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and hats are recommended in summer
- Dress warmly in the winter
- Weather and other conditions can lead to route changes
- Operates all year round and is very rarely cancelled due to weather
Prices & Options
Child (under 15yrs): NZD$57.50
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: good
Customer service was very good.
Product rating: good
We did the helicopter tour not seal coast. That was very good.
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Seal Coast Safari (Wellington).