Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Bike Tours - Walter Peak Guided Cycling Queenstown
Bike Tours - Walter Peak Guided Cycling
Ride the historical steamship TSS Earnslaw across the turquoise waters of Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak, where you will embark in small groups on a guided cycling tour. Get to know your knowledgeable guide before being taken by van to the serene Mavora Lakes, where your ride commences.
Ride down a tranquil country road and through idyllic high country covered in tussock, marvelling at great views of the crystal clear Von River, soaring mountain peaks and the majestic Mount Earnslaw by Lake Wakatipu along the way. A van equipped with a cycle trailer will be following your group the whole way, so you can choose to cycle as much or as little as you desire.
As you travel, you will have the chance to drop in on Pretty Hut and Old Nic, a traditional hut used by musterers, where you can find out more about sheep and cattle stations in neighbouring high country. When you return to Walter Peak, view the Colonel’s Homestead prior to boarding the TSS Earnslaw for your ride back to Queenstown.
- Return cruise across Lake Wakatipu on board the TSS Earnslaw steamship
- Picnic lunch, hot drinks & afternoon tea
- Good quality mountain bikes & safety helmets
- 3 - 4 hours leisurely guided cycling (15-35 kms depending on your fitness)
- Allow 7.5 hours including return boat cruise
- 10am (returns by 5.30pm)
- Departs from the Steamer Wharf in central Queenstown
- Only operates during summer (Nov - Apr)
- Small groups with casual & relaxed riding
- Quiet back country road through mostly gently rolling terrain
- Moderate fitness required. If you get tired you can simply hop in the support van
- Suitable for children 10 years & over
- Lunch, hot drinks & afternoon tea provided
- Ask us about the Real Journeys 20% Multi Purchase Discount off selected Real Journeys products
Prices & Options
Child (10-14yrs): NZD$118.00
Latest Questions about Bike Tours - Walter Peak Guided Cycling (Queenstown)
Do you run this tour year round ie last week of May/1st week of June? Also is there an option to bring your own bike? If so would the cost be different?
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.