Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Canyoning - Mt Aspiring Wanaka
Difficulty Level - Hard
If you are looking for the ultimate adrenaline rush then Canyoning in the beautiful Mt Aspiring National Park, a UNECSO World Heritage area, is the trip for you! With the highest level of canyoning in New Zealand this trip is sure to get your pulse going! You will experience the true beauty of the Mt Aspiring National Park whilst safely maneuvering the canyon with down climbs, a 10 metre jump, natural rock slides, swimming and abseiling down roaring waterfalls of up to 30 metres.
The day begins with a journey from Queenstown or Wanaka into the Mt Aspiring National Park where you will trade the hustle and bustle of town for breathtaking views of imposing mountains and rich forests. Once you arrive in the National Park you will have a 25 minute walk to the start of the canyon.
Canyoning is a great opportunity to try something in one of New Zealands most breathtaking environments. No canyoning experience is required however if you have it that's a bonus. You will also need a good level of fitness, confidence at heights and strong swimming skills for this trip! The Mt Aspiring trip is a higher level canyoning experience so if you are looking for something less challenging check out Black Spur Canyoning.
- Return transfers from central Queenstown & Wanaka to Mt Aspiring Canyon
- 4-5 hours canyoning
- Picnic style lunch & refreshments
- All equipment supplied including wetsuits, shoes, helmets & harness
- Experienced & qualified guides
- Allow 8 hours from Queenstown
- Allow 6 hours from Wanaka
- 8am from Queenstown (returns 4pm)
- 9am from Wanaka (returns 3pm)
- Pick up from your central Queenstown or Wanaka accommodation
- Operates Dec-March only (does not operate during winter)
- Mt Aspiring Canyoning is the hardest level of Canyoning in New Zealand. If you are looking for something less challenging check out Black Spur Canyoning
- No previous canyoning experience required but if you do have it that is a bonus. A full demonstration of every activity will be provided
- To participate in this trip you must be able to swim and be confident swimming in strong white water
- You must be confident with heights
- Minimum age 16yrs
- Bring with you swim wear & a towel, shorts, t-shirt or something comfortable & light to walk in
- There is a 25 minute walk to the canyon
- Photos are available for purchase at a cost of $25, however you are welcome to bring your own camera with you as long as you have a head or chest mount for it and it is not hand held
- Glasses can be worn in the canyon if need be but you will need a strap to attach them to yourself so you don't lose them
Prices & Options
Mt Aspiring Canyoning:
- Adult (16 yrs+) NZD$450.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Canyoning - Mt Aspiring (Wanaka).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.