Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Fly Fishing - South Island Trout Stalkers Queenstown
Fly Fishing - South Island Trout Stalkers
Glenorchy and Queenstown are excellent sources of trout, and anglers hoping to sight, stalk and hook big Rainbow and Brown Trout in stunning surroundings will want to embark on a guided fly fishing tour operated by Glenorchy and Queenstown based South Island Trout Stalkers. Your fishing tour can be customised to perfectly suit your schedule, your level of experience and other factors.
Gordon of South Island Trout Stalkers was born and bred in Glenorchy and is intimately familiar with the area, having a family history in the region that spans a whopping six generations.
In fact, Gordon’s grandfather was a prominent figure in Glenorchy’s fishing scene, being a professional fishing and hunting guide. As a result, Gordon learnt how to handle a rod more quickly than he learnt to walk.
Gordon’s childhood in Glenorchy enabled him to gain expert backcountry skills. Whether he is scaling a mountain peak, tirelessly hunting deer or hooking a huge trout, Gordon is able to thrive in the great outdoors of New Zealand. A lifelong angler, Gordon displays incredible levels of knowledge pertaining to fishing and river conditions in New Zealand. Gordon’s expertise with the backcountry rivers in the region, great levels of fitness and excellent tactics borne of decades of experience ensure that he is one of the best guides for those hoping to hone their angling skills in New Zealand.
Gordon lives and breathes fishing, and is happy to organise overnight trips for those who want to experience and learn as much as possible.
- All full day prices include gourmet lunch
- Transport ,all fishing equipment, day fishing license (Season license extra)
- Day trips come with a WARNING: A very early start so we can maximize your time and give you the best fishing possible
- One on one tuition with the fishing guide
- Half day or full day options
- Early morning starts are best but we can be flexible to suit your needs
- Full day is usually 7am to 7pm
- Half day is either 7am to 12.30pm or 12.30pm to 7pm
- Pick up from your Queenstown or Glenorchy accommodation
- Operates all year
- Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced anglers welcome
- One on one tuition with the guide although if you wish to fish with a friend then the guides can take a maximum of 2 anglers. There are several fly fishing guides available so you can book for more than 2 anglers
- Multi day, heli fishing and overnight trips are also available, please contact us for more information
- Fly fishing tours operate all year
Prices & Options
- full day NZD$725.00
- half day NZD$550.00
- full day (per person) NZD$412.50
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Your service was excellent
Product rating: excellent
Very professional guide, we couldnt have asked for a better day.
Service rating: good
Product rating: good
Latest Questions about Fly Fishing - South Island Trout Stalkers (Queenstown)
Hi I'm heading over for 4 days mid/end Feb. Do I need waders or can I travel light? Thanks Mike C
Hi Steve here just one question for you
is the cost for two persons or one person?
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.