Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Guided Walks - Full Day Nature Walks Queenstown
Routeburn Track in Summer
Guided Walks - Full Day Nature Walks
If you’d like to interact with nature in order to truly experience it, a tour with Guided Nature Walks will enable you to get up close and personal with the natural environment of the South Island. Led by New Zealanders who are passionate and knowledgeable about conservation and nature education, the tours enable visitors to Wanaka and Queenstown to choose from tours led on foot, either with a private guide and customised to their abilities and preferences, or full or half day small group hikes.
Explaining and interpreting nature is Guided Nature Walks’ forte, and there is no better place to learn about the natural world than New Zealand. You will be brought to areas that hold great significance in natural history, including river valleys shrouded in ancient beech forests, ferns, mosses and alpine flora, and populated by flocks of native birds. Explore the stunning New Zealand backcountry with friendly and knowledgeable guides and find out just what’s so special about New Zealand’s natural landscape.
Famous Routeburn Walk
This full day tour will take you to the ancient native beech forests situated in the magnificent Mt Aspiring National Park. The walk begins with a scenic drive that takes you to the Northern shores of Lake Wakatipu and then deep into the Routeburn Valley. You will then embark on your walk up the river valley, which is framed by stunning snow capped mountain peaks.
Duration: 9 hours (approx)
Walking time: 3 to 5 hours (optional)
Walking distance: 16kms (easy)
Track: Well formed easy walking track (8kms each way)
Departures: 8.00am (year round)
Highlights: Spectacular snow-capped mountain and lake views, a variety of bird life and super-natural ancient native beech forest, mosses, lichens and ferns, waterfalls and river gorge.
Matukituki Valley – Rob Roy Glacier (private group 1-4 people)
This private full day tour begins in Queenstown, where you will embark on a scenic drive that will take you over the Crown Range. Alternatively, pick up from Wanaka can be arranged. You will then proceed into the Matukituki Valley in the Mt Aspiring National Park, situated to the West of the stunning Lake Wanaka. Travel on foot through beech forest until you arrive at the jaw-dropping Rob Roy Glacier. Snow capped mountain peaks frame everything you see and add to the wonder of your experience.
Duration: 9 hours (approx)
Walking time: 5 hours (approx)
Walking distance: 8kms (reasonable fitness required)
Track: Well used uneven walking track (3kms each way - 5-600m elevation)
Departures: By arrangement from all Queenstown and Wanaka accommodation. (Does not operate during the winter months)
Highlights: Spectacular snow-capped mountain and lake views, magnificent Rob Roy Glacier, a variety of bird life, super-natural ancient native beech forest, mosses, lichens and ferns, waterfalls and river gorge.
- Allow 9 hours (up to 5 hours of walking)
- Pick up from your hotel in Queenstown (or Wanaka for Rob Roy Glacier Walk)
- Operates daily all year
- Maximum of 7 clients per guide for Routbeurn walk (minimum numbers apply)
- Rob Roy hike is a private group for up to 4 people. You pay the one group rate whether you are a group 1, 2, 3 or 4
- Child price is under 14 yrs
- Please wear sensible footwear and bring a warm/sun hat, wet/wind/warm clothing for changeable weather and a small daypack
- A reasonable level of fitness will ensure an enjoyable walk
- Picnic lunch is provided (including tea/coffee biscuits)
- Friendly knowledgeable local guides
- Interpretative commentary of flora, fauna, history and geology
- Small day packs and some wet weather gear is available on loan
- Contact us for private guided rates or heli hike options
- Half Day walks also available
Prices & Options
- adult NZD$209.00
- child (under 14yrs) NZD$140.00
- private group (1-4 people) NZD$1250.00
Rob Roy Glacier:
- private group (1-4 adults) NZD$2190.00
Latest Questions about Guided Walks - Full Day Nature Walks (Queenstown)
Hi are any of your walks available next week from Monday to Friday? Thanks
We are interested in doing the Matukituki Valley - Rob Roy Glacier hike. We are staying at a hotel in Queenstown. I just wanted to double check that you will be picking us up from our hotel in Queenstown to begin the hike, and that we wouldn't have to meet you elsewhere for this hike.
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.