Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Guided Walks - Multi Day Wilderness Hike Kaikoura
Guided Walks - Multi Day Wilderness Hike
Getting back to basics is what life is all about – and if you’re a nature nut – Kaikoura Wilderness Walks are a must. This Multi-day guided hike takes you through the Puki Peaks Nature Reserve; a natural wonderland that is renowned for its diverse array of native species. Here, you will engage with both rare and endangered New Zealand flora and fauna.
Whether you want a two or three day adventure, Kaikoura Wilderness Walks will have you covered. The tour traverses New Zealand’s highest privately owned land and – at 2438 metres – you will feel like you have stepped up to Heaven and gazed out over a scenic wonderland.
Day 1 - Distance: 8.5km, Time: 2hrs morning / 4hrs afternoon
Your day begins with a walk through a gorgeous mixture of native plant life, as you ascend to the vantage point at Totara Saddle. When you reach this breathtaking point, you will be served a delightful lunch and then given the opportunity to enjoy it while gazing over spectacularly amazing ocean, meeting mountainous views. After your break, there is a downhill walk to a glistering crystal clear stream, which will catch your eye like diamonds sparkling in the gentle glare of the sun. After an easy climb through the ancient Totara forest, you arise into alpine landscape covered in sunny Mountain Daises.
From this point onwards, the luxurious Shearwater Lodge – your stunning hotel – looms within sight. After about an hour walk, you will arrive at your destination and you're able to lounge around with a glass of wine, explore, or both – it’s completely up to you.
Day 2 - Distance: 5.5km (3.4 miles), Time: 4-5hrs
If you came for the panoramic views, then the views of Happy Valley and the climb to Surveyor's Peak Lookout will leave you completely awe-inspired! The 1522m above sea level mountain gains you 360 degrees of spectacular sights. On a clear day, you will be able to see the east coast of North Island and you'll feel as though you've reach the top of the world. After lunch, you'll head back along an alternate track, spotting different types of flora and fauna along the way before reaching the Lodge to enjoy some indulgent free time.
Day 3 - Distance: 6 km (3.7 miles), Time: 1.5hrs morning / 2.5hrs afternoon
On day three, you will be in for a treat; the ancient forest of Beverley Falls awaits. This majestic forest will have you awe-inspired from start to finish, walking though the native flora and fauna you will see all New Zealand has to offer. Lunch at the Lodge is followed by the walk out, which will lead you back along a different, mostly downhill track than that of the way in. Upon returning to Puhi Peaks Station, you will be transported back to Kaikoura.
- Return accommodation transfers from Kaikoura to Puhi Peaks Station
- 3 day guided walk
- Transport of luggage to Shearewater Lodge
- All meals provided. Delicious New Zealand cuisine with complimentary pre-dinner wine. Picnic lunches are provided on the track
- Loan of day pack, wet weather gear & walking sticks
- Outstanding accommodation at Shearwater Lodge with ensuite bathroom, private balcony & a spacious guest lounge with comfortable leather sofas and a stone fireplace
- Linen and toiletries are provided
- 3 days
- 3 Day Walk - departs Tuesday (returns Thursday)
- Departs your Kaikoura accommodation or meet at Kaikoura Information Centre
- Operates October - April only
- Maximum of 12 guests
- Operates October - April only
- Accommodation consists of six super-king or twin/share bedrooms. Each room has its own ensuite & private balcony. If you are travelling on our own you can book a twin share room & be accommodated with another single walker
- If you are travelling with someone else please advise at the time of booking if you would like a twin or double room
- Please take as little as possible into the lodge. Just take what you need for 3 days
- Please bring hiking boots, waterproof jacket, fleece or micro fleece top, hat & gloves (fleece or woollen), sun hat, sunscreen, water bottle
- You need average fitness with good mobility & be able to walk for 5 -7 hours over mountain tracks each day
- Child rates apply (12-16yrs) on a twin share basis
Prices & Options
3 Day Walk:
- adult NZD$1895.00
- child (12-16yrs) NZD$1275.00
- sole occupancy NZD$2295.00
Latest Questions about Guided Walks - Multi Day Wilderness Hike (Kaikoura)
Is there availability for 2 people on the 3 day walk starting 12 January '15
Errol & Sharon
Gold Coast Australia
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.