Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Horse Riding - Hare Hill Horse Treks Dunedin
Horse Riding - Hare Hill Horse Treks
Have you ever wanted to canter along a white, sandy beach on horseback? Now you can experience the wind in your hair and the smell of salt rising from the heat of the horse below you. Experience the absolute freedom and the giddy delight at the speed of the majestic horse that carries you along.
Hare Hill is lucky enough to be in possession of a gorgeous 60 acres of farmland, located in Deborah Bay (on the north side of the Otago Harbour). Fortuitously, this property – which is only an easy 20 minutes’ drive from Dunedin – is located on the edge of the gorgeous beaches of Aramoana, which means you get to ride along with an amazing view, wherever you are on the property.
All of the beloved horses at Hare Hill are trained according to their temperament, so we can offer you a steed that is matched perfectly to your own riding ability. We cater to all levels, from absolute beginners to advanced riders.
Beach Ride - 3 hours
The beautiful beaches of Aramoana are just waiting to be explored. For a glorious half day, you will be able to take in the sights, as well as spot the amazing wildlife that inhabits the area. As you gently trot down the beach, you may see penguins, seals and sea lions – there aren't many places in the world where you can view these animals via horseback!
After you have enjoyed a bit of sightseeing, let your horse stretch its legs with a trot, canter – or for advanced riders – a gallop, along the peaceful, New Zealand shoreline. This adventure is limited to two people per trip, so it is perfect for couples or friends, parents and children alike. Don't forget your camera because there will be plenty of excellent photo opportunities.
- 3 hour horse ride
- All gear supplied (helmets, jackets)
- Optional return Dunedin transfers ($25 extra payable when you get picked up)
- Allow 3.5 hours
- Morning & afternoon
- Hare Hill is in Deborah Bay which is approximately 20 minutes drive from the centre of Dunedin
- You can drive yourself, catch the city bus to Port Chalmers where you will be picked up or for $25 the horse trek staff will pick you up from Dunedin city
- Operates daily all year
- Maximum weight limit of 100kgs (220lbs)
- If inclement weather looks likely, or it is raining on the day, please just give us a call on the day to check
- Wear suitable clothing. Trainers & jeans are fine but heavy walking boots & shorts are not
- We can provide riding boots and chaps for you to wear. Hats and weatherproof jackets will be provided
- Don’t forget your camera!
- We want you to have a safe but enjoyable adventure. Our horses are not “plodders” & we work hard to match the right horse to you. If we deem the whole group’s ability to be sufficient, then there may be the opportunity for short trots & canters on the rides
- If you are drving yourself please park at the bottom of the driveway unless you are experienced at driving a four wheel drive vehicle
Prices & Options
3 Hour Beach Ride: NZD$150.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: bad
The worst service I have ever had
Product rating: bad
Nothing was as advertised. Too many people; poor food; a guide who knew little and cared less. I would not recommend your service to my worst enemy.
Latest Questions about Horse Riding - Hare Hill Horse Treks (Dunedin)
where do you leave from
hi, umm i was just wondering the prices for horse riding it says $150 is that per person and is it the same cost for the children?
Hi! I will be in Dunedin on the 7&8 June. 4 of us are very interested to take the Beach horseback riding.
there are two slots, morning and afternoon. I would like to know what are their timings? And which is more suitable to see the sea life there?
How is the booking done?
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.