Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Horse Riding - Walter Peak Queenstown
Horse Riding - Walter Peak
The TSS Earnslaw, a grand vessel that has earned the affectionate nickname “Lady of the Lake”, is an icon that the people of Queenstown hold dear. Since 1912, she has been ferrying goods to isolated settlements and transporting passengers on the pristine Lake Wakatipu.
Board the Lady of the Lake and enjoy the tranquility of a 45 minute cruise across the stunning Lake Wakatipu before getting off at Walter Peak to embark on a 40 minute guided horse trek. Your knowledgeable guide will lead you across undulating farmland to a lookout point where you will gasp at the most amazing views of Lake Wakatipu framed by dramatic mountains. The ride is a gentle one and a great option for beginning riders. After your return to the stables in the late morning or afternoon, enter the Colonel’s Homestead where you can sip a piping hot cup of tea in cosy surroundings.
Book 2 or more Real Journeys experiences & receive the Real Journeys 20% Multi Purchase Discount
- A return cruise on the TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak (45 minutes each way)
- 40 minute horse trek
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Cruise & Horse Trek - 3.5 hours
- 10am, 12pm & 2pm (Oct - Mar only)
- Departs Real Journeys office, Steamer Wharf, Shotover St, Queenstown
- Operates daily during the summer (Oct-Mar)
- Includes a 1 hr 30 minute cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Maximum of 6 riders per group
- Child rates apply (8-14yrs)
- Minimum age to participate in the trek is 8 year old
- Maximum weight for riders is 100kg
- Suitable for all abilities including first time riders
- Horse Trekking only operates during summer months (Oct - Mar). The Earnslaw however operates all year round. For information on cruises during the winter please visit the following page TSS Earnslaw Cruises
- Guided Cycling tour available at Walter Peak (must be pre booked)
- Book 2 or more Real Journeys experiences & receive the Real Journeys 20% Multi Purchase Discount off selected Real Journeys products
Prices & Options
Child (8-14yrs): NZD$77.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Horse Riding - Walter Peak (Queenstown).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.