Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Jet boat - Jet Thrills Christchurch
Jet boat - Jet Thrills
The amazing power of the jet boat purrs underneath as you hold your breath in anticipation. Your grip tightens on the safety rail as you feel the boat move, and by the time you muster up the courage to open your eyes, you are pumped full of excitement and adrenaline! This is the mighty Waimakariri River – or the ‘river of cold rushing water’ in Māori – one of New Zealand's most challenging jet boat locations.
Jet Thrills, just out of Christchurch, deliver what their name promises and their highly experienced jet boat drivers have skills that would make a race car driver blush. You will be amazed at their agility as they take you on a half or full hour journey full of tight turns, sweeping corners, buzzing 360 degree manoeuvres and skimming in the shallows. Jet Thrills' three purpose built Hamilton jet boats easily navigate the fast flowing river, even in areas where the water is as low as a few centimetres deep.
Riding in a jet boat is certainly an amazing way of viewing the gorgeous scenery this area has to offer – just ask the thousands of tourists and locals who have used Jet Thrills to see this amazing New Zealand regional park. The rugged Southern alpine views are an amazing backdrop to the clear, blue water and the fish and birds who reside here are abundant. You may spot salmon, trout, Wrybills, Spur-winged Plover and Black Shag on your adventure. The Waimakariri River's lower braided system is ever-changing and offers a different jet boating experience every time, so jump in, hold on to your hat and have the time of your life, surrounded by beauty!
- 30 or 60 minutes of jet boating
- Optional return accommodation transfers from the Christchurch area
- Life jackets
- Allow 2 hours including city transfers
- Braided Blast (30 minute ride) - 10am & 1.45pm
- Blast Plus (60 minute ride) - 11.30am
- Departs from the Jet Thrills base located 15 minutes drive north of Christchurch
- Transfers can be arranged from the Christchurch area for $20 per person
- Operates daily all year
- Minimum age is 2 years old
- Kids aged 2 - 4 years travel free
- Wear a warm jacket or fleece, casual footwear, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Spray jackets are provided as well as beanies and gloves in winter months
- Please let us know if you need transfers from your accommodation
Prices & Options
Braided Blast (30 minute ride):
- adult NZD$90.00
- child (5-15yrs) NZD$65.00
- family (2ad+up to 3ch) NZD$280.00
Blast Plus (60 minute ride):
- adult NZD$120.00
- child (5-15yrs) NZD$90.00
- family (2ad+up to 3ch) NZD$380.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Jet boat - Jet Thrills (Christchurch).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.