Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Lake Cruises - Lakeland Wanaka
Lake Cruises - Lakeland
Join Lakeland for a relaxing cruise on the picturesque Lake Wanaka, New Zealand's fourth largest lake and the gateway to the Mt Aspiring National Park. As you cruise the glassy waters of the lake you will be surrounded by the majestic snow-capped mountains of Treble Cone, Black Peak and Mt Aspiring, to name but a few! Swim in the refreshing waters, enjoy a nature walk and head to secluded islands on the lake.
3.5hr Mou Waho Cruise & Walk
Mou Waho is the "hidden gem" of Lake Wanaka, only accessible by boat and the largest of the islands. Just a one hour cruise from the towns shores you will find the island which is a protected home for native birds and plant species. On your arrival to Mou Waho your guide will take you on a gentle nature walk to the summit of the island, a rock look out over the Arethusa Pool which gives you panoramic views. From this point you can take a dip in the unique island lake or enjoy a hot beverage as your guide discusses the area.
2hr Stevenson Island Cruise & Walk
Cruise across the lake, along one of the arms and you will find Stevenson's Island. Your guide will provide you with detailed commentary on the history of the lake and island, including how New Zealand's native bird the Buff Weka was introduced to the island. Once at the island enjoy a short and easy nature walk to the highest point where you can view the whole arm and glimpse Mou Waho. On the return journey sit back and enjoy a hot beverage.
1hr Evening Cruise
Join the evening cruise across the lake to Mou Tapu, one of the larger islands on the lake. The island is highly conserved as it is a haven for plants, birds and insects which no longer inhabit the nearby mainland. The island is still home to native bush and is sacred to the Maori. During the cruise you will be surrounded by the spectacular Harris Range for some brilliant photo opportunities.
- Cruise on Lake Wanaka
- Nature walk (depending on chosen tour)
- Complimentary tea or coffee
- Informative commentary from your guide
- Numerous photo opportunities
- Mou Waho Cruise - 3.5 hours
- Stevenson Island Cruise - 2 hours
- Evening Cruise - 1 hour
- Mou Waho Cruise departs 10am (returns 1.15pm)
- Stevenson Island Cruise departs 2.30pm (returns 4.30pm)
- Evening Cruise departs 5pm (returns 6pm)
- Departs from the log cabin on Lake Wanaka's waterfront
- Operates daily all year
- The nature walks are suitable for all levels of fitness
- On the evening cruise passengers do not disembark the boat
- Child is 5 -15 years (4yrs & under are free)
- Minimum numbers apply with a maximum of 15 guests per cruise
Prices & Options
3.5hr Cruise & Mou Waho Island Walk:
- Adult (16 yrs+) NZD$175.00
- Child (5-15 yrs) NZD$75.00
2hr Cruise & Stevenson Island Walk:
- Adult NZD$119.00
- Child (5-15 yrs) NZD$55.00
- Family (2Ad + 2Ch) NZD$290.00
1hr Evening Cruise:
- Adult (16 yrs+) NZD$99.00
- Child (5-15 yrs) NZD$49.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Excellent customer service from Alex.
Product rating: excellent
Lovely day cruise in Wanaka
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Lake Cruises - Lakeland (Wanaka).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.