Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Mountain Biking & Summer Activities - Cardrona Wanaka
Cardrona Biking & Summer Activities
Cardrona is known for its winter activities but head up in the summer to find a whole bunch of fun to be had from downhill mountain biking to mountain carting and tubing! Head up the hill and experience the fun for yourself!
Bring your own bike or hire one of the specialised enduro mountain bikes for a day of downhill mountain biking and tackle trails of varying difficulty from easy green runs to diamond black expert trails. No need to tire yourself out, just jump on the chairlift to take you and your bike back to the top and continue the fun. Each rental includes a full face helmet and set of pads for the ultimate protection.
Experience Cardrona's mountain carting for a gravity fuelled adventure. No previous experience is necessary, jump on board your cart and experience the thrill of downhill carting on the purpose built trail as gravity takes you down the track, racing your friends and family at high speeds!
You don't need snow to go tubing up at Cardrona! Enjoy a 150m purpose built tubing course, suitable for all ages. The course is made from durable plastic matting allowing you to slide down smoothly and safely. There will be laughs all round as you experience banked corners and long straight sections to build up your speed! Helmets and tubes are provided for you.
- Mountain Biking - Half day or full day gondola ticket, bike hire, helmet & pads (if booking full package)
- Mountain Carting - Mountain Cart, carting lift pass & helmet
- Mountain Tubing - Mountain tube, tubing lift pass & helmet
- Allow 4 hours for half day mountain biking & 8 hours for full day mountain biking
- Allow 2 hours for Carting
- Allow 1 hour for Tubing
- Full day lift pass & rental begins at 10am
- Half day lift pass & rental begins at 10am & 1pm
- Carting & Tubing operates from 10 am
- Operates daily Dec-Feb 12th & Fridays to Sundays only Feb 17th - April 2nd
- Self drive to Cardrona resort (a shuttle is available for $15pp from the bottom of the ski field if required)
- Beginner, intermediate & advanced biking trails are available
- There are on mountain facilities including a cafe, restaurant & retail store
- You must wear closed in footwear (ie runners), no open toe footwear
- Ideally wear shorts & a couple of layers on your top half
- Operates summer only (Dec - April)
- Downhill riding only
- Children aged 0-8 years can gain a free lift pass, ages 9-17 years are classed as a child for lift passes & rental
- All bike rentals include full face helmet & pads if required
- For mountain carting the minimum height to ride solo is 120cm, children under this height can ride with a parent for free at their own discretion
- The minimum age for tubing is 5 years
Prices & Options
Half Day Lift Pass (use own bike):
- adult NZD$49.00
- child (up to 17yrs) NZD$35.00
Full Day Lift Pass (use own bike):
- adult NZD$69.00
- child (up to 17yrs) NZD$45.00
Full Day Lift Pass & Bike Rental:
- adult NZD$149.00
Mountain Carting (120cm+):
- 2 hour cart & lift pass NZD$99.00
- 1 hr per person (5 yrs +) NZD$25.00
- shuttle service from base carpark NZD$15.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Mountain Biking & Summer Activities - Cardrona (Wanaka).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.