Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Surfing - 1 & 2 Day Surf School - Rapu Surf Tours Auckland
Surfing - 1 & 2 Day Surf School - Rapu Surf Tours
If you know what ‘hanging ten’ or ‘riding a barrel’ is, but have never actually done them yourself, Rapu Surf & Snow Tours can help you out.
This designer tour is directed at beginners who are totally new to surfing as well as intermediate surfers who are wanting to perfect their technique, and is guided by coaches who are certified Surfing New Zealand teachers. At all times you'll be in the hands of experts – in the water and on the beach. Their experience will grant you the all-important knowledge needed to ride your first wave.
The mobile nature of the surf school grants you access to the best learning condition available in and around Auckland (east or west coast). The knowledge you'll gain from this tour – learning about rips, undertows and holes, winds, tides and surfing etiquette, among other things – will increase your safety in the water for the rest of your life. You’ll also learn how to use these ocean conditions and surfer rules to your advantage (essential to every keen surfer)!
Because of the inconsistency in conditions suitable for learning to surf, lesson will be held either at the west or east coast of Auckland, with the main beach being Piha, because of its consistency in conditions.
1 Day Surf School
Because of the dangers of the ocean, its very important that you learn the fundamentals of surfing; this includes surf safety, surfing rules and beach safety. These rules are all a must-learn and will help you on your adventures. Learning to surf is an exciting adventure and this is where yours begins.
2 Day Surf School
Over the course of two days, you'll gain an increased understanding over four fundamental surfing lessons on surfing, surf safety and surfing rules. The thrill of catching and riding a wave will have you overjoyed and will give you that ultimate feeling of achievement.
If you’re still totally keen on surfing after taking these surf school options, the 7 day surf school is a must!
- Pick up and drop off from a selected list of central Auckland locations
- Surfboards & wetsuits
- 2 x 2 hour surf lessons each day
- Surf safety & surfing rules
- Allow 7 - 9 hours (depending on surf location)
- Departs between 7.30am & 12.30pm (depending on the tides)
- Operates 7 days a week during summer months (Nov - Apr)
- Auckland accommodation return transfers included
- All equipment will be provided but please bring your swimwear, towel & plenty of sunscreen
- No previous surfing experience necessary
- The location for each lesson will be decided on the day subject to weather & tidal conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years. Children under 18 yrs old will need signed parental consent forms
- You should be able to swim if you wish to learn to surf
Prices & Options
1 Day Surf School (10yrs+):
- lessons+board & wetsuit NZD$120.00
2 Day Surf School (10yrs+):
- lessons+board & wetsuit NZD$199.00
No Questions yet
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.