Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Surfing - 5 Day Surf School - Rapu Surf Tours Auckland
Surfing - 5 Day Surf School - Rapu Surf Tours
This awesome 5 day Learn to Surf ‘Surfari’ is designed to cater to all experience levels, from beginners, to advanced surfers.
You won’t find a better group to help you catch your first wave than Rapu surf coaches. Your guides are always on hand to help you out when you need it. The small group sizes (max 11 per trip) allow you to experience the beauty of the coast, and the life-changing awesomeness of the surfing experience, in an intimate setting.
The custom tailored surf wagon takes the hard work out of finding the most bodaciously remote location along the sub-tropical waters of the winterless North, meaning you get to thrive in unspoiled, uncrowded learning locations. Rapu Adventures exclusive lodge – Ahipara Surf Lodge – is set in a gorgeous location, right on the beach. The waves directly in front of the lodge are always epic (perfect), so it’s always a great spot for learning and longboarding. So, grab your board, zip up your wetsuit and jump in to some of the stunning Northland surf for an adventure that will gain you a new set of skills, new friends and a feeling that only a surfer would know!
The flexible nature of the trip allows for the best tide and weather conditions. With a base out of Shipwreck Bay, you will head out every day, chasing the best waves Northland has to offer and enjoy two surf lessons per day. You will have one optional free day during the week where you can do something other than surfing and explore what the Far North has to offer. Activities that can be arranged for the day off at an additional but discounted cost include Cape Reinga tour, quad biking, blokarts, horse trekking, golf, and kayaking.
- All transportation. Pick up & drop off from selected central Auckland locations
- 4 night's accommodation, dormitory style at Ahipara Surf Lodge (bedding provided)
- 3 fresh meals daily, yummy sunset BBQ's (vegetarians no problem)
- Daily surf lessons - up to 2 per day
- Surfboards, wetsuits & accessories
- Surf safety, learn about rips, holes & undertows, how to identify them, escape them & use them to your advantage. You will also learn the difference between offshore & onshore winds, afternoon sea breezes, tides & surfing rules
- Beach activities
- 5 days
- Depart Sundays at 7.30am (returns Thursday 2pm)
- Operates during summer months only (Oct - May)
- Auckland central return transfers included
- Maximum of 11 people per trip (advanced bookings essential)
- Please note lunch is not included on day 1 on the way to the surf lodge or on day 5 when travelling back to Auckland
- All equipment will be provided but please bring your swimwear, towel & plenty of sunscreen
- No previous surfing experience necessary
- The location for each lesson will be decided on the day subject to weather & tidal conditions
- Most of our customers are aged between 20 & 35
- The minimum age is 14 & all customers under 18 years of age must have parents consent
- You should be able to swim if you wish to learn to surf
- Accommodation upgrades available: Twin $25 per night/per person
- Bonuses: Sunsets, dolphins, whales, wild horses, perfect waves just to name a few
- If you don't have the time to do a 5 day tour then check out our 1 & 2 day Learn to Surf Tours
Prices & Options
5 Day Surf Tour (16yrs+):
- lessons+board & wetsuit NZD$800.00
Latest Questions about Surfing - 5 Day Surf School - Rapu Surf Tours (Auckland)
I am a professional photographer looking for new subjects to film, mainly for use as images in books that I write. Would there be any chance of inclusion on one of your 5-day safaris (I am not a surfer) on the basis that I would share the photographs with you and provide shots to the other participants on the safari? I would expect to pay at least a contribution towards accommodation and food.
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.