Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Jet Boat - Waiatoto River Safari Haast
Waiatoto River Jet Boat Safari
Explore the West Coast of New Zealand by taking a jet boat tour along a remote back country river into a UNSECO South West New Zealand World Heritage Area. Take in sights unseen by most travellers as your hosts and experienced jet boat drivers take you along the river, teaching you about the pioneering spirits of days gone by, Maori history and the harsh wilderness that early European Settlers experienced.
As you travel to the top of the river your guide will pass on their knowledge of the area. Find out about the animals introduced to New Zealand and visit the Kiwi sanctuary where you will learn about their Kiwi breeding program. As you pass through the Alpine Fault-line you will witness dramatic scenery unfold before your eyes. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a walk with stunning photo opportunities before a speedy trip down the river to the Tasman sea where you will visit the breeding grounds of the West Coast Whitebait fishery and look out for native birds.
Travel in comfort on the only form of transport to take you into the Southern Alps. With a removable roof on the boat you'll even be protected on those rainy days. Many guests say the rain increases the enjoyment of the tour and adds to the atmosphere!
- Exhilarating jet boat experience
- Walk through ancient beech forest
- Visit to a Kiwi sanctuary
- Stop by the grounds of New Zealand's West Coast, Whitebait Fishery
- Allow 3 hours
- Departs 10am, 1pm & 4pm in summer (Nov-April)
- Departs 11am in winter (July-Oct)
- Check in at Waiatoto River Safari Office, Haast
- Departs daily all year (except May & June)
- Children under 4 years are free (infant)
- Child rates apply 4-14 yrs
- Dress warmly & wear sensible shoes. Sunglasses, a hat & sunscreen are recommended
- Bring your camera for photo opportunities
- Waiatoto River Safari Office is 19 km from Haast Junction on Haast-Jackson Bay Road
Prices & Options
Adult (15 yrs +): NZD$199.00
Child (4-14yrs): NZD$139.00
Family (2ad+2ch): NZD$537.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Jet Boat - Waiatoto River Safari (Haast).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.