Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Kayaking - Glow Worm Kayak Tour Tauranga
Kayaking - Glow Worm Kayak Tour
Paddle along the beautiful Lake McLaren on your way to experience the unique combination of kayaking and viewing New Zealand glow-worms. The Glow Worm Kayak Tour is the only tour in the world to offer this combination, and it is truly a magical experience.
Your evening begins with a decadent spread of delicious New Zealand cheeses, superb wine from the award winning Mills Reef winery and other refreshments on the lakes edge. Watch the glorious New Zealand sunset as your kayaks are set up for you. As twilight throws her cool, dark blanket over the landscape, you will be briefed on effective kayaking, before launching out onto the glassy waters of Lake McLaren. Once there, you can experience this popular paradise under the calming light of dusk. Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will entertain you with tales of the Maori legends of Lake Rototiti, as well as point out the fascinating birdlife along the way.
Once you enter the magical glow worm canyon, you will be totally captivated when you see the glowing constellations cast by these amazing, tiny wonders. Watching the sparkling reflections of the glow worms on the water is amazing and the whole experience is truly unforgettable. You will wind down your relaxing experience with scenic views of the lake, luxuriously thick natural bushland and more wildlife encounters. You even have the option of finishing up your tour with a therapeutic and relaxing dip in the Manupirua natural thermal hot-pools! Definitely a perfect end to your day.
Your kayaking tour will last approximately one and a half hours and all equipment and safety gear is provided. Moderate fitness is required; however, this memorable adventure is very popular with families and suits people of all ages.
- Return transfers from Waimarino Adventure Park to launch site
- 1.5 hour kayaking tour & visit to glow worms
- All kayaking equipment & safety gear provided
- Wine, cheese & refreshments
- Allow 3 hours
- Departs between 4pm - 8pm depending on time of sunset
- Departs from Waimarino Adventure Park, 36 Taniwha Place, Bethlehem, Tauranga
- Operates daily all year
- Tour operates in rain
- Transfers available from Tauranga & Mt Maunganui accommodation for $25 per person. Please advise at the time of booking if you require a transfer
- Moderate fitness required. Please inform your guide of any medical conditions
- We provide stable, comfortable double sea-kayaks, paddles, spray decks, paddle-jackets & buoyancy aids. Fleeces will be provided if required
- Wear comfortable light warm clothing, we recommend that people don't wear denim jeans; while you are unlikely to get wet, jeans are heavy, cold & uncomfortable if they do get wet
- Bring a fleece top or similar for additional warmth while enjoying the refreshments on the lake edge. A hat is recommended in cool or wet weather
Prices & Options
Kayak Tour (8yrs+): NZD$130.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: good
All good, confirmations received, no issue when presenting bookings etc.
Product rating: excellent
Well organised, good host, great fun and amazing spectacle. Weather was not great, but it didn't affect the enjoyment at all - kayaking in the rain was a new experience!
Latest Questions about Kayaking - Glow Worm Kayak Tour (Tauranga)
Is this tour available on Christmas 25 dec?
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.