Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Waitomo & Rotorua Experience Auckland
Waitomo & Rotorua Experience
The Waitomo & Rotorua Experience really has something for everybody. From the enchanting glow worms and cave limestone formations at Waitomo, to the amazing geothermal wonders and cultural heritage of Rotorua, this tour is truly magical.
After a morning departure from Auckland, you will travel through the rolling green farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions. While you enjoy some delicious morning tea, you will see the historic location of a Māori land wars, Rangiriri.
Upon arrival at Waitomo, you will enjoy a walk through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Make your way along the stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations of the cave, while listening to the full commentary on the geological and historical significance of these caves. Then, it’s down to the subterranean cave – called the Glowworm Grotto – for a silent boat ride through the dark. The amazing sparkle from thousands of glow worms will leave you spellbound!
Afterwards, enjoy a picnic-style lunch (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request) as you enjoy the view on your way to Rotorua. Once there, you will travel to the Agrodome on the outskirts of Rotorua, where you will get to experience a true taste of New Zealand’s agriculture life with a tour of an organic working farm in an all-terrain vehicle. Watch how sheep are shorn and see a live sheepdog trial.
Next, you will make your way to one of New Zealand’s top cultural venues, Te Puia. Here, you will be taken back to a time when the Māori ruled the land with an amazing Māori cultural performance. Hear ancient and modern stories, intensified by singing, dancing (including the haka and poi dance), and stick games. Afterwards, a guided tour of the Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley – including the world renowned Pohutu geyser – will bring you up close to the fascinating active geysers and bubbling mud pools of this area. You will also get to attend the Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools, which allows you to see master carvers and weavers guiding their apprentices in these ancient arts. This is where the tour ends for those wanting to stay in Rotorua; otherwise, you will jump back on the coach for the return journey, enjoying a scrumptious afternoon tea of traditional Māori rewana bread and other snacks along the way. A perfect end to a perfect day, touring some of the best that New Zealand has to offer!
- Luxury coach travel from Auckland
- Tour concludes in Rotorua or Auckland
- Informative driver commentary
- Morning snack
- Waikato & King Country scenery
- Guided tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Picnic style lunch
- Agrodome organic farm tour
- Maori cultural performance
- Guided tour of Te Puia's geothermal valley, woodcarving & weaving schools
- Afternoon snack (for people returning to Auckland only)
- Allow 13 hours for Auckland-Waitomo-Auckland
- Allow 10 hours for Auckland-Waitomo-Rotorua
- Departs 7.30am
- Departs central Auckland accommodation or Sky City Coach Terminal, 102 Hobson Street, Auckland (finishes in Rotorua at 5pm or returns to Auckland at 8.10pm)
- Operates daily all year
- Child rates apply 3-12 years
- Children under 3 years are free of charge
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes & taking a warm jacket for the Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- If you are finishing your tour in Rotorua you will be dropped at Tourism Rotorua head office & hotel drop offs are available from there
Prices & Options
- adult NZD$337.00
- child (3-12yrs) NZD$168.00
- adult NZD$317.00
- child (3-12yrs) NZD$158.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Waitomo & Rotorua Experience (Auckland).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.