Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Hawkes Bay Scenic Tour Hawkes Bay
Hawkes Bay Scenic Tour
Join us on a scenic day tour of Hawkes Bay to admire everything the region has on offer. Your tour will begin from your accommodation where your guide for the day will collect you. With smaller, more intimate groups your guide will take you on a our of the area away from the big crowds to give you the best experience possible in a relaxed and leisurely manner. This will give you time to make as many photo stops as you like!
To begin with you will take a rural drive through the picture perfect countryside and head to the top of Te Mata Peak which offers 360 degree views over the Heretaunga Plains and Hawke's Bay, including Napier. On a clear day, the view stretches as far as Mount Ruapehu and Mahia Peninsula.
From here you will head out into the farmland where you can sit back and listen to the informative and comprehensive commentary from your local guide. You will learn of the various types of farming in the region including deer, sheep, cattle, donkey and more.
Around mid day you will stop for lunch at the Chocolate Factory Cafe (at your own expense) ready for the afternoons wine tasting! Hawkes Bay is renowned for its award winning wine and here you will take a winery tour around Hawkes Bay Wines, strolling through old fermentation tanks and enjoy a tasting of their premium wines.
In 1931 Hawkes By was devastated by New Zealand's worst natural disaster, an earthquake measuring 7.9 on the Richter scale. From this Napier rebuilt itself and now the city is world-famous for its Art Deco buildings. In the afternoon your day will conclude with a tour of Napier's Art Deco Suburbs and City Centre, where you will discover just why this is the Art Deco Capital of the World!
- Return transfers from Napier accommodation or the Napier Visitor Centre
- Stop off at Chocolate Factory Cafe for lunch (at own expense)
- Stunning photo opportunities
- Premium wine tasting at Hawkes Bay Wines
- Winery tour
- Explore Napiers Art Deco City & Suburbs
- Allow a full day
- Departs 9am (returns 5pm)
- Pick up from your Napier accommodation or the Napier Visitor Centre
- Operates daily all year
- Bring with you warm clothes, raincoat, sunscreen & a hat
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to go ahead
- Wine tasting fees are included in the tour price
- If you are interested in a wine tour in the region check out the Hawkes Bay Wine Experience Tour
Prices & Options
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Hawkes Bay Scenic Tour (Hawkes Bay).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.