Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Heli Hike - Mount Cook Mt Cook
Heli Hike - Mount Cook
Mount Cook Glacier Heli Hikes offer easy access to the realm of the mountaineer. Lead by NZ’s longest established mountain guiding company, Alpine Guides, your professional and qualified guide will escort you high on to the “white ice” of NZ’s longest glacier, the mighty Tasman. Relish in this unique alpine environment as you spend two hours on an extraordinary ‘ice trek’.
You will be greeted at Mt Cook Airport where a safety briefing will be held and your equipment provided before embarking on a thrilling and memorable helicopter flight into the majestic Southern Alps. Land at 1,200 metres above sea level with incredible views at your feet. The mildly undulating terrain spans a breathtaking landscape of fluted ice, runnels, moulins, and sinuous winding streamlets. Your guide will lead you on a two hour adventure of a lifetime as you trek, ushered by your crampons, on gentle but mesmerizing terrain shadowed by the beautiful snow-clad giants that are Aoraki Mt Cook and Mount Tasman.
Complete your amazing adventure with the return helicopter flight back to Mt Cook Airport past the awe-inspiring 1,000 metre high (3,200 feet) Hochstetter Icefall that lies beneath the master, Aoraki Mount Cook. Stunned, this adventure will lie with you forever.
- 2 helicopter flights (total 25mins flight time)
- 2 hour heli hike with unsurpassed views of Aoraki Mount Cook
- Professional guides
- All equipment provided (safety equipment, boots, wind/waterproof jacket)
- Allow 3.5 hours (includes 2 hours hiking on the glacier)
- 10am, 12pm & 2pm
- Departs Mount Cook Airport, Mount Cook Rd
- Operates October to April only
- Moderate fitness required
- Minimum age is 8 years & minimum height 135cm
- Heli hike trips are weather-dependent. If weather cancellation is unavoidable the heli hike is is fully refundable
- Bring with you a small backpack, sunglasses, sunblock, lip cream, warm hat or sun hat, hiking boots, wind/waterproof jacket & gloves
- Hiking boots, jacket & gloves can be supplied if required. Please advise at the time of booking
- This heli hike is operated in conjunction with The Helicopter Line
Prices & Options
Heli Hike (8yrs+): NZD$555.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Heli Hike - Mount Cook (Mt Cook).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.