Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Jet boat & Heli - Huka Falls Above & Below Taupo
Jet boat & Heli - Huka Falls Above & Below
From the gorgeous turquoise water of Huka Falls, to the azure blue skies and amazing views of New Zealand’s North Island, the Hukastar Combo takes you to both with the Jet Boat and Heli adventure!
Begin your adventure with an exciting HELiPRO Helicopter flight, revealing breathtaking scenery of the Māori Rock Carvings, Wairakei Geothermal fields and powerful Huka Falls. Finish with an adrenaline fuelled ride on the world famous Hukafalls Jet boat experience.
The HELiPRO Helicopter flight over the Māori Rock Carvings reveals what looks like ancient art, but is actually the work of master carver Matahi Whakataka-Brightwell, who lovingly created these amazing carvings in the 1970’s. Regardless of their age, the carvings are spiritual and represent Ngatoroirangi – a wise Māori navigator who guided the Tuwharetoa and Te Arawa tribes to the Taupo area over a thousand years ago. These magnificent works are Matahi’s gift to Taupo.
The views of the Wairakei Geothermal fields are spectacular. This post-volcanic phenomenon includes colourful mineral deposits, bubbling mud pools, hissing steam and crater-like terrain. Huka Falls is also magnificent from the air. The amazing power of these cascading torrents are a sight to behold from above, but even more fun from below!
The Hukafalls Jet boat experience is a thrilling journey that takes you along the gorgeous river, lined with sheer rock faces, beautiful native bushland and natural hot springs. Along the way, you will experience incredible speeds, 360 degree turns, sweeping bends and close calls with river obstacles before reaching the majestic Huka Falls. Once there, the water-level views of the mighty Huka will leave you speechless. The thrills of your return journey will also probably leave you speechless; however, you will have plenty to tell your friends and a great new set of memories to take with you.
- Scenic Helicopter Flight with Helistar (12 minutes)
- 30 minute exhilirating jetboat experience with Hukafalls Jet
- Allow 2 hours including Taupo accommodation transfers
- 10.30am & 2pm
- Return transfers from your Taupo accommodation or meet at the jetboat base at the Wairakei Tourist Park (10 mins north of Taupo)
- Operates daily all year
- This combo operates on demand so if you would prefer a different time just ask us
- Children must be at least 100cm tall in order to ride Hukafalls Jet
- Child rate applies to those 15 years & under
- Hukafalls Jet will provide life jackets (these are mandatory)
- Spray jackets will also be provided in cooler months
- Still cameras in cases are welcome on board but at your own risk. Video cameras are not permitted
- Coming in Summer? It is recommended to bring sunglasses & sunblock
- Coming in Winter? Remember to bring a hat, gloves, jacket & warm clothing (handrails are heated for your comfort)
- Hukafalls Jet operates 364 days of the year (excludes Christmas Day), weather permitting, from the Wairakei Tourist Park (10 mins drive from Taupo)
Prices & Options
- adult NZD$309.00
- child (under 15yrs) NZD$270.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Jet boat & Heli - Huka Falls Above & Below (Taupo).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.