Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Mitai Maori Cultural Experience Rotorua
Mitai Maori Cultural Experience
The Mitai Māori Village family are extremely proud of their cultural heritage and honoured to share their stories, teachings and traditions with you. Famed for being one of the most authentic Māori experiences in New Zealand, the Mitai Māori Cultural Experience transports you back to a time of sacred ritual, honour, trial and triumph and includes the world renowned Fairy Spring, the waka (Māori war canoe) paddle-by, the haka and other traditional dance, a traditional hangi feast, a magical glow worm tour and an evening bush walk that encompasses a talk about Māori bush medicines.
From the moment your experience begins, you will feel like you’ve stepped into another time. The gorgeous yet mysterious natural bushland, that surrounds you throughout the experience, sets the scene for a once in a lifetime adventure. You hear a low chanting, which grows progressively louder as it approaches. Then you see it – an awe-inspiring waka (war canoe), being moved along the Wai-o-whiro stream by the might of the warriors within it. You will be amazed at the level of emotion such a simple sight will cause – it’s truly amazing!
The stunning Fairy Spring will floor you with its crystal clear beauty and the beautiful glow worms in their natural habitat will bring a smile to your face. The mouthwatering hangi meal will leave you satisfied and happy. The amazing cultural performance will teach you about the ancient arts of carving and ta moka (tattoo art), while the weaponry and combat displays will make you understand why the Māori are considered such fearsome warriors. The graceful poi dance is beautiful, while the thrilling and spine-tingling haka will leave you in total awe.
Rainbow Springs - Beauty by Night
End your cultural experience night with an amazing tour through a fascinating rainbow-lit forest to see the amazing nocturnal wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for the local late-nighters, including the elusive kiwi bird. The Rainbow Springs Nature Park is truly enchanting by night, and is located right next door to Mitai Māori Village.
- Return Rotorua hotel transfers
- Unveiling of the Hangi (your evening meal which is cooked in a traditional earth oven)
- Waka welcoming ceremony
- Cultural performance
- Hangi meal
- Guided bush walk & glow worm tour
- Visit to Rainbow Springs for Beauty by Night Experience (optional)
- 3 hours (allow 4 hours if including Rainbow Springs visit)
- 6.30pm during Summer (Nov - Mar)
- 5.30pm during Winter (Apr - Oct)
- Rotorua hotel pick ups commence 45 minutes before the show or self drive to 196 Fairy Springs road
- Operates daily all year
- Child rates apply (5-9yrs)
- Children under 5 years are free of charge
- Dinner that is cooked in the hangi includes succulent NZ lamb & chicken, potatoes, kumara (sweet potato) served with salads, beverages & finished with a delicious dessert
- Bookings essential
- Wear comfortable clothing & footwear
- Operated by Mitai Maori Village
Prices & Options
Mitai Cultural Experience:
- adult NZD$116.00
- student (10-15yrs) NZD$57.50
- child (5-9yrs) NZD$22.50
Mitai Experience + Rainbow Springs:
- adult NZD$150.00
- student (10-15yrs) NZD$81.00
- child (5-9yrs) NZD$44.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: good
Easy to book.
Product rating: poor
Too commercial. Felt like we were rushed through.
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Mitai Maori Cultural Experience (Rotorua).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.