Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Jet boat - Kawarau Jet Rotorua
Jet boat - Kawarau Jet
These days, it’s practically impossible to think of New Zealand without associating it with the adrenaline fuelled adventures that you can enjoy there, and jet boating is synonymous with an adrenaline rush!
The world’s first commercial Jet boat operation – Kawarau Jet – is located on the gorgeous shores of Lake Rotorua, New Zealand. With over 40 years’ worth of jet boating experience, this locally owned and operated venture is staffed by a passionate group of individuals, who not only have one of the best jobs in the world, but value your safety and enjoyment above everything else. Kawarau Jet is family friendly, and the jet boat ride is designed to cater to everybody, young or old – in fact, under 5’s ride for free. You have the option of a courtesy pick-up and drop-off from within the city and will be provided with spray jackets and life jackets.
Kawarau Jet Boat rides depart from the pier on Memorial Drive, located on Rotorua’s scenic Lakefront just a short trip from the centre of town. As you jump on the famous ‘big yellow boat’, you will have to take notice of how beautiful Lake Rotorua actually is, because you are about to see it as only a blur! For half an hour, as you pass four historic landmarks, you will be white-knuckled and testing the limits of your adrenaline during the spins and speed of this awesome ride. See Mokoia Island, the Sacred Island and Sulphur Lake as you’ve never seen them before – through pupils enlarged by excitement! There’s no better way to see this glorious section of New Zealand.
Afterwards, you can purchase photos of your jet boat adventure, but be warned – the photographs may have captured the embarrassingly goofy look of terror on your face, so showing them to family and friends is optional.
- 30 minutes of jetboating
- Optional return accommodation transfers
- Spray jackets & life jackets
- Allow 1 hour including transfers (30 minute jetboat ride)
- Every hour on the hour during daylight hours
- Departs from pier on Memorial Drive on Rotorua’s scenic Lakefront only minutes from the town centre
- Operates daily all year
- Children under 5 years travel for free
- Kawarau Jet has no age restrictions & it is quite safe & a lot of fun for kids. We have taken 3-month old babies out on the lake!
- Wear a warm jacket or fleece, casual footwear, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Bring your camera
- We can look after your bags
- Photos of your adventure can be purchased after your trip
- Spray jackets are provided as well as beanies & gloves in winter months
Prices & Options
Child (5-15yrs): NZD$54.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Jet boat - Kawarau Jet (Rotorua).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.