Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Milford Sound Coach & Cruise - Mitre Peak Cruises Milford Sound
Milford Sound Coach & Cruise - Mitre Peak Cruises
For a small, intimate cruise of New Zealand’s awe-inspiring and world renowned Milford Sound, you can’t go wrong with Mitre Peak Cruises. Gape at the incredible views of one of the most surreal and astounding places in the world.
Mitre Peak Cruises will enable you to experience the spectacular fiord in the most intimate way possible by taking you way up close, accessing spots larger boats are unable to. Enjoy the full extent of Milford Sound’s beauty in ways you’ve never imagined.
The Coach trip
Travel in comfort, style and luxury by coach, departing from Queenstown or Te Anau and travelling onwards to Milford and back. Your friendly and knowledgeable driver will ensure you don’t miss a thing as you pause at various scenic spots. In between, your onboard host will ensure you are well taken care of and enjoy the complimentary snacks and drinks along the way. Board the Mitre Peak II at 12:20pm and embark on a cruise that will amaze you. On your way back, the boat will make a stop in lovely Te Anau, where you will have the opportunity to see Ata Whenua, a short film that has won awards, otherwise known as Shadowland. The film, which is 30 minutes long and is included in the ticket price, will enable you to get to know the otherwise inaccessible wilderness of the Fiordland World Heritage area. Your adventure will conclude with a leisurely drive back to Te Anau or Queenstown.
The Boat ride
Find out fascinating facts from the informative commentary of your knowledgable guides who will alert you to notable sights including the 160 metre Bowel falls, the quintessential valley the Sinbad Gully, magnificent Mount Pembroke with its snow-capped peak and the grand Mitre Peak, which, starting from the ocean floor, measures a staggering 1,692 metres.
The smaller vessles of about 20 metres enable Mitre Peak Cruises to take you much closer to shore than larger vessels can, enabling you to experience the stunning scenery from an even better vantage point. Built specially to ply the waters of Milford, the boat is the perfect place from which to view endangered fur seals, once almost extinct due to hunting, the elusive Fiordland crested penguins and playful dusky dolphins.
Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound receive more rainfall than the rest of New Zealand and are a sight to behold no matter what the weather conditions of the day.
- Luxury return coach transfers from Queenstown or Te Anau including hotel pick ups
- Exceptional service from friendly staff
- 2hr boat cruise of Milford Sound
- Knowledgeable guides & informative commentary
- Complimentary tea & coffee
- Free hot soup during winter cruises
- 12 hours return from Queenstown (2hrs on the boat)
- 6 hours return from Te Anau (2 hours on the boat)
- 6.30am (from Queenstown returns 6.30pm)
- 9.30am (from Te Anau returns 3.30pm)
- Pick up from your Queenstown or Te Anau accommodation
- Operates daily all year
- Purpose built, all weather vessels offer superior comfort & personalised service
- Maximum capacity on board the boat is 75 passengers. We limit our numbers to keep our cruises uncrowded enhancing your enjoyment & appreciation of this spectacular wilderness area
- Picnic lunch includes a filled roll (or sushi), bacon & egg pie, muesli slice, choc biscuit & fresh fruit
- Lunch must be booked in advance (vegetarian option available) or you can bring your own
- Complimentary tea & coffee
- Children 3 years old & under are free
- Milford Sound is located 4.5hrs drive from Queenstown & 2.5hrs from Te Anau
- If you wish to drive yourself to Milford Sound then you can book just a Milford boat cruise without the coach
Prices & Options
Coach from Queenstown:
- adult NZD$179.00
- child (4-14yrs) NZD$125.00
Coach from Te Anau:
- adult NZD$129.00
- child (4-14yrs) NZD$79.00
- picnic lunch NZD$16.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
The service was excellent. Prompt pick up and friendly informative driver. The cruise was just amazing. Great size boat. Very helpful crew who charged my camera for me.
Latest Questions about Milford Sound Coach & Cruise - Mitre Peak Cruises (Milford Sound)
Description mentions 6 hours from Te Anau,
When Cruise is 2 hours, and 2.5 hrs one way from Te Anau,
It does not add up.
Does it means we would not be stopping any where in between from Te Anau to Milford Sounds?
I am coming over in July for a holiday and want to do the Milford sound trip but have been told sometimes the weather is bad and the trip can be cancelled if this happens would I get a refund?
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.