Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Scenic Flights - Mt Cook Ski Planes & Helicopters Mt Cook
Mt Cook Scenic Flights
Join Mt Cook Ski Planes and Helicopters for a truly memorable Southern Alps experience. Mt Cook Ski Planes and Helicopters have been lucky enough to provide a magical opportunity for travellers to enjoy the alpine beauty displayed by the Southern Alps for over 60 years. Mt Cook Ski Planes and Helicopters operate a mixed fleet so you can choose to do your scenic flight in either a ski plane or helicopter.
Tasman Experience - 35 minutes
Enjoy the thrill of flying through the towering mountains that frame the majestic Southern Alps and admire the spectacular, snow clad Tasman Glacier. As you are engulfed by the sheer beauty of this alpine environment, take time to savour the panoramic views of Aoraki Mount Cook and Mount Tasman. Get a buzz out of landing on Tasman Glacier and take a moment to capture a few pictures and absorb the immense beauty surrounding you before heading back to base at Mt Cook Airport.
Grand Circle - 55 minutes
Relish in the supremacy of New Zealand's mountainous and glacial scenery that lies within Aoraki Mount Cook National Park. Fly across the Southern Alps to the rugged West Coast and view the breath-taking vistas of the famous Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier. Follow north along the mighty Tasman Sea, before crossing back to the majestic snow cladded peaks of the Southern Alps to the Tasman Glacier. Enjoy the unique thrill of landing on one of these three remarkable glaciers along the way and marvel at the chance to step out and admire the sheer beauty you are immersed in. Capture a few images before heading back to Mt Cook Airport.
Select your aircraft
Choose to do your flight in a ski plane or helicopter. You will follow the same flight path and landing sites no matter what aircraft you opt for. The ski plane has the luxury of shutting down the engine at the landing site so you can truly appreciate the serenity and beauty of the alpine environment. Mt Cook Ski Planes and Helicopters is one of the few places in the world that offers scenic ski plane flights so you are guaranteed a unique and memorable experience.
- 35 or 55 minute scenic flight by helicopter or skiplane (your choice)
- Panoramic views of the incredible Southern Alps
- Glacier or snow landing
- Informative flight commentary
- Allow 1-1.5 hours
- Departs hourly between 8.30am-4.30pm
- Departs Mt Cook Ski Planes, Aoraki Mount Cook Airport, Aoraki Mount Cook
- Operates all year
- Child prices apply 4-12yrs
- Choose to fly in a ski plane or helicopter
- Ski plane flights require a minimum of 2 adults to book to confirm. Helicopter flights require a minimum of 4 adults to book to confirm. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Both flights land on a glacier. If snow conditions are unsuitable, alternate landing sites or overflight options are available
- You will have 10-15 minutes landing time on the snow. This is enough time to take photos, play in the snow & enjoy the sheer beauty of the surrounding environment
- Wear closed in shoes, bring a camera, sunglasses & jacket
- Flights will be operated in one of the following aircraft - Ski Plane Cessna 185 (3 seats); Ski Plane Pilatus Porter (8 seats); AS350 Helicopter (6 seats)
- If your flight is cancelled due to bad weather you can reschedule or contact us for a full refund
Prices & Options
- adult NZD$310.00
- child (4-12yrs) NZD$250.00
- adult NZD$560.00
- child (4-12yrs) NZD$425.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: good
Product rating: excellent
Wonderful tour everything catered for
No Questions yet
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.