Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Via Ferrata Climbing - Wildwire Wanaka
Climb the Twin Falls
Join Wildwire Wanaka for a uniquely New Zealand waterfall via ferrata experience. Via ferrata is climbing via a series of iron rungs, steel cables and wire bridges which creates an accessible route on otherwise steep rock walls. On the Twin Falls climb, participants discover hidden waterfalls, crystal clear water and spectacular views. This tour is suitable for beginners and for anyone who can climb a ladder.
Newly established Wildwire Wanaka is the only waterfall via ferrata in the country! Situated at the Twin Falls near Treble Cone Ski field and on the road to Mt Aspiring National Park the scenery in itself is simply breathtaking. The Twin Falls, as the name suggests, is a unique double waterfall that cascades through a number of pools and free hanging waterfall sections.
Go Wild Waterfall Climb - Beginners Tour of Lower Section
Begin your adventure with a scenic drive through the bordering mountains to the Twin Falls Waterfall. Master the safety skills before embarking on your climbing adventure, navigating the Twin Falls in a small group with attentive guides as you stay dry. Enjoy exclusive access, cross wire bridges, discover picnic and swimming spots boasting unbeatable views of the surrounding lakes and mountains including Mount Aspiring. Once at the lower section finishing point you will stop for a picnic before descending back by trail back to the bottom and embarking on your return journey back to Wanaka.
Wild Thing - Intermediate Tour Higher Section
This adventurous climb builds on the skills learnt on the lower sections of the waterfall and heads into the steeper upper walls. You will learn safety skills and then begin your climb up our spectacular waterfall via ferrata to finish at the base of a plunging 60m waterfall.
Wildwire Wanaka is an experience of a lifetime and a must do when you are in the area. No previous experience is necessary and all the relevant training and guidance will be provided on the day by your experienced guides.
- Return transfers from central Wanaka
- Guide & training
- Via ferrata lanyard & safety equipment
- Water & snacks
- Go Wild - Allow 3 hours
- Wild Thing - Allow 5 hours
- 9am & 2pm (Oct-Mar)
- 10am (Apr-Sept)
- Departs from outside the Wanaka i-SITE, 103 Ardmore St, Wanaka
- Operates daily all year
- Bring sunglasses, hat, sun block, sturdy close-toed walking shoes, comfortable trekking clothes suitable for weather on the day. Optional is a camera, small backpack, something to swim in, a small towel
- Minimum age is 12 years
- If you are under 16, you must climb with an adult guardian & have them sign a waiver for you
- There are no upper age limits to this activity
- Participants need to be comfortable moving at heights & be physically able to climb a ladder
Prices & Options
Go Wild Beginners Tour:
- per person (12yrs+) NZD$189.00
Wild Thing Intermediate Tour:
- per person (12yrs+) NZD$249.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Via Ferrata Climbing - Wildwire (Wanaka).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.