Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Heli Skiing - Harris Mountains Heliski Mt Cook
Heli Skiing - Harris Mountains Heliski
You are standing atop a pristine, white mountain, distracted by nothing but your own awe as you gaze around at the amazing beauty that surrounds you. You take a cool, invigorating breath, as you get ready to launch yourself down the mighty slope. Within seconds of pushing off, your heart is pumping with adrenaline and your smile shows almost as much white as the terrain below you. When you reach the bottom, you jump back into the waiting helicopter and you are transported back up to another peak to experience the thrill again!
Harris Mountains Heli-ski (HMH) offers the ultimate mountain skiing adventure. In the heart of the Southern Alps, Mount Cook dominates as New Zealand's highest mountain, and is surrounded by terrain that is absolutely perfect for skiing or boarding. Operating in the Alps region surrounding Queenstown, Wanaka and the Mount Cook National Park, HMH have exclusive access to a vast terrain of over 3000 square kilometres. HMH’s reach extends to seven separate mountain ranges, over 200 peaks and 400 runs, which vary in length between 2000 and 3500 vertical feet.
How well do I have to ski to go Heli-skiing?
The UIAGM / NZMGA certified guides from HMH assess the conditions, then escort you by helicopter to the slopes that best suit your skiing ability. The treeless terrain ranges from sheltered basins and rolling mountain flanks for intermediate skiers and boarders, all the way through to wide bowls and steep chutes for the more advanced. Ideally, you will require a strong intermediate skiing/boarding ability or better. After being dropped off at the top of your slope, your group (of four) will be met at the bottom and taken to another slope. You will enjoy a gourmet picnic for lunch – in the most beautiful setting imaginable – before continuing with your full day of skiing goodness!
HMH are the only Qualmark rated heli-ski business in the Southern Lakes Region and have over 25 years’ worth of professional experience, so your safety and enjoyment is assured. The friendly guides at HMH are mountain safety specialists who are chosen for their outstanding technical qualifications, their great communication skills, their passion for skiing and their ability to ensure you have an absolutely amazing Heli-Ski experience. All guides also attend a pre-season intensive safety-training course each year to ensure they are aware of current health and safety guidelines and innovations.
- Qualified Guide (guide to guest ratio 1:4 skiers/boarders)
- All Guides UIAGM & NZMGA certified
- Alpine buffet lunch
- Use of tranceivers
- All Transfers from accommodation to heli staging areas & return
- Pick up and drop off of you rental equipment
- Video service available at your request
- All Day
- Early morning start (depending on weather)
- Operates during winter months only (July - Sept)
- Pick up from your Mt Cook accommodation
- Mountain weather can be harsh & unpredictable. Early in the morning, our Head Guide will evaluate the snow & weather information & decide if conditions are suitable for heli-skiing to operate. We will ring you at your accommodation to confirm if weather conditions allow us to operate
- Buffet lunch provided
- Operates during winter (July - September)
- Bring your ski/board or hire equipment
- Bring warm clothing including windproof Jacket & pants, warm gloves, sunglasses or goggles, sunscreen & camera
- It is wise to book well in advance
- Extra runs are available subject to conditions & agreement from a minimum of three clients per group
- Check out the Ability Questionaire to establish your heli ski level
- You will be skiing/boarding with others of a similar ability
- Private heli ski charters are available on request
Prices & Options
Mt Cook Classic 5 Runs: NZD$1155.00
Everything Travel Group Review
You have to heliski at least once in your life.... and this is the place to do it! This activity is not cheap but it is money well spent given that you'll never.... ever.... forget the experience.
Value for Money
Latest Questions about Heli Skiing - Harris Mountains Heliski (Mt Cook)
i would ilke to go in early June, will it be cold enough to have snow on Mt Cook?
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.