Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Helicopter Flight - Milford & Alps Queenstown
Helicopter Flight - Milford & Alps
Queenstown’s stunning alpine scenery, framed by the dramatic rugged Remarkables mountain range and the serene Lake Wakatipu, is best seen on a scenic flight. The Queenstown base of the Helicopter Line organises scenic flights departing from Queenstown Airport only eight kilometres from the city centre.
Milford & Alps
Fly from Queenstown to Milford Sound on an unforgettable flight that will have you floating over pristine alpine lakes and luxuriant rainforest, and rubbing elbows with jagged mountain peaks. Enjoy unbelievable views of the renowned Milford Sound and the dramatic Mitre Peak emerging from the depths of the fiords. Enjoy three exciting landings deep in the mountains or on a magnificent glacier if weather permits.
For an experience to end all experiences, charter your very own helicopter and fly it to Milford Sound and more! Charter flights are able to accommodate up to six people and can fly in the mornings and afternoons. Private charter options include Milford & Alps, as well as the two below:
Milford Explorer Private Charter
Enjoy stunning views of the grand Southern Alps en route to Milford Sound. Stand by the Fiordland Glaciers’ ancient and magnificent ice floes before exploring the entire length of the fiord. See Lake Quill, from which the Sutherland Falls originate. As you return to base, enjoy sweeping views of Mackinnon Pass and the dramatic Arthur Valley.
Milford Sound, Franz Josef, Mt Cook Private Charter
Get familiar with all of the South Island’s most well known and most iconic sights on a breathtaking flight over the Fiordland National Park. Land at Milford Sound and be awestruck by the sheer expanse of the impressive Franz Josef Glacier before flying deep into the Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, where you will land in order to explore incredible hanging glaciers and eye popping rivers filled with ice in motion.
- Return transfers from central Queenstown
- 1 hr 30 minute scenic flight (includes up to 3 landings)
- Milford Sound - allow 2hrs round trip from Queenstown
- Milford Explorer charter flight - allow 3.5 hours
- Milford Sound, Franz Josef & Mt Cook charter flight - allow 5.5 hours
- Milford Sound flight - 11am
- Charter flights - morning & afternoon
- Pick up from your accommodation or central Queenstown
- Operates daily all year
- Sunglasses, sturdy footwear & a camera are recommended!
- Children 3 yrs and under are free
- Private charter flights available
Upgrade this activity to one of the following combos:
- Milford Sound Fly Cruise Heli
Prices & Options
Milford & Alps:
- adult NZD$900.00
- child (4-14 yrs) NZD$630.00
Private Charter (up to 6 adults):
- milford sound NZD$3700.00
- milford explorer NZD$5550.00
- milford franz mt cook NZD$11100.00
Latest Questions about Helicopter Flight - Milford & Alps (Queenstown)
Four adults and one child (1 year old) would like to go from Queenstown to Milford. Cruise the sound, land on a glacier and have lunch some where. What would be the duration and price? Is a Milford cruise worth doing?
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.