Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Hot Pools & Day Spa - Hanmer Springs Hanmer Springs
Hot Pools & Day Spa - Hanmer Springs
Nestled in a beautiful alpine setting you will find Hanmer Springs, an idyllic village to getaway from it all. Located just 90 minutes north of Christchurch, Hanmer offers something for everyone and if you're looking to relax and unwind a visit to Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa will be just what the doctor ordered.
With a range of pools on offer including relaxing rock pools, soothing sulphur pools - at varying temperatures, private pools, saunas and steam rooms you will be spoilt for choice. The network of rock pools are linked via gentle rapids and shallow waterways with the temperature varying between 33 to 37 degrees. For a hotter experience head to the sulphur pools which which are a toasty 40 to 42 degrees. The natural water comes straight from a nearby thermal bore and is rich in minerals such as sodium, chloride, boron, calcium and carbonate.
There is also a kids area for the little ones with two hydroslides, a dumping bucket, water fountain, cave, waterfall and lizard slide, you'll hear squeals of delight and see giggling children of all ages.
For the full relaxation experience why not book a spa package? All spa packages include entry to the outdoor pools and complimentary use of towels. Choose from one of the options below:
Spa Pass (90 mins)
Reinvigorate your mind body and soul with a 60 minute, full body, relaxation massage from one of our experienced therapists. Then choose from a sauna, steam room or private thermal pool.
Rainshower Exfoliation (60 mins)
Begin with a full body exfoliation and then drift away under the warmth of Vichy showers as your therapists soothing hands give you a full body massage.
Revitaliser Package (60 mins)
Pamper yourself with a 30 minute Alpine Aqua Refresher Facial and a 30 minute Unwind Your Back relaxation massage.
Hot Stone Therapy Package (90 mins)
Feel your tension and stress drift away from your body with a 90 minute Traditional Hot Stone Ritual massage. Heated basalt stones are gently placed and massaged over your body, encouraging total relaxation as the stones penetrate the deeper layers of your muscles.
- Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools are open 364 days from 10am to 9pm
- The Spa is open from 10am to 7pm
- Enjoy the outdoor pools at your leisure
- Private Pools can be booked for 30 or 60 minute sessions (2-6 occupants per pool)
- The Spa is very popular so we recommend booking your treatments well in advance
- Pool temperatures vary from 33 to 42 degrees celcius
- Swimsuits & shorts can be hired for $5 with a $20 refundable deposit
- Towels are not included in the price of entry, these can be hired for $5 with a refundable deposit of $10
- Child rates apply 3-15 years, infants free of charge
- Senior rates for 60 years & over
- Lockers are available on site for $2 per 2 hours
- Male, female & family changing rooms available
- If pregnant & using the hot pools care needs to be taken to avoid becoming overheated & you must keep hydrated. It is recommended to seek the advice of your doctor or midwife prior to visiting the springs
- It is not recommended that children use the sulphur pools
Prices & Options
Hot Pool Entry:
- Adult (16 yrs+) NZD$24.00
- Child (3-15 yrs) NZD$12.00
- Senior (60yrs+) NZD$17.00
- Family Pass (2 Ad & up to 3Ch) NZD$60.00
Private Thermal Pool :
- 30 minutes - person NZD$32.00
- 60 minutes - person NZD$42.00
- Spa Pass NZD$160.00
- Rainshower Exfoliation NZD$160.00
- Revitaliser Package NZD$180.00
- Hot Stone Therapy Package NZD$195.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Hot Pools & Day Spa - Hanmer Springs (Hanmer Springs).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.