Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Kayaking - Abel Tasman Kayaks Abel Tasman
Kayaking - Abel Tasman Kayaks
Experience the Abel Tasman National Park from the water with the one and only, original Abel Tasman park kayak group. See the scenic beauty of this area while paddling gently atop the aqua-blue, crystalline water. Explore the gorgeous golden beaches and take in the emerald flora that peppers the hillsides.
Abel Tasman Kayaks offer a good range of full-day, guided tours to suit all interests. Each trip is designed to accentuate the most stunning aspects of the natural environment.
Kayak & Walk
This great value, one-day option combines the elements of kayaking with bush walking for an all-encompassing nature experience. You will see the scenic southern areas of the park as you walk along the coast, discovering clear streams amongst the native bushland. Amazing vistas of Anchorage and the Astrolabe Islands will leave you awestruck, while your lunch on Watering Cove will leave you feeling satisfied and full of energy for your paddle. Your tour guide will entertain you as you kayak back to Marahau, completing a perfect day (this trip may run in reverse).
The Two Gods
This trip satisfies the mystical side in all of us, as you will learn about Tangaroa, the god of the sea and Tāne Māhuta, god of the forest. Travelling by land (walking) and sea (kayaking) for about 2.5 hours of each allows you to live and breathe this amazing area. You will be captivated by the scenic walk – in one of the most beautiful sections of the park – enthralled by the granite headlands and entertained by the seal colonies. Certainly a trip to remember. This trip is tide dependent, and kayak and walk routes will be decided on the day.
- Top quality kayak, paddle & spray skirt
- Life jacket
- Dry bags for cameras
- Detailed maps
- Safety briefing & guide
- Optional transfers from Nelson ($30 per person)
- Allow a full day
- Departs at 8.30am (returns by 4.30pm) from Marahau Beach
- Optional transfers from Nelson ($20 per person)
- Kayak & Walk operates all year
- The Two Gods operates summer only (Oct-Apr)
- Minimum age is 12 years old for Kayak & Walk & 14 years old for The Two Gods
- Please bring: a hat, sunscreen, insect repellant, warm top (wool or fleece), T-shirt, shorts, swimsuit, wind jacket, camera, change of clothes & water, additional snack food (for those of you that get hungry through the day)
Prices & Options
Kayak & Walk:
- adult (12yrs+) NZD$115.00
The Two Gods:
- adult (14yrs+) NZD$230.00
- Nelson return transfers NZD$30.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Kayaking - Abel Tasman Kayaks (Abel Tasman).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.