Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Rafting - Landsborough River - 3 days & 2 nights Queenstown
Rafting - Landsborough River - 3 days & 2 nights
Picture yourself in one of New Zealand's most remote locations, surrounded by the untouched wilderness and experienced only by a privileged few...This could be you. All you have to do is commit to an adventure of a life time, the Landsborough Valley 3 day / 2 night rafting adventure. You will paddle and camp your way down the spectacular Landsborough Valley past 2,500m high mountains, hanging glaciers and dense rainforest. This 3 day adventure combines serenity and adventure perfectly to create a truly memorable escapade.
You will be collected from your Queenstown accommodation and taken to Cavells Cafe to meet your guides and prepare for the 3 hour drive to Clarke Bluff via Wanaka and Makarora, stopping for photos and lunch along the way. Upon reaching Clarke Bluff you will board a helicopter or fixed wing plane for a scenic flight through Landsborough Valley to the first night’s camp site. Settle in, unpack and explore the magnificent surroundings or just relax in the peaceful environment and enjoy a delicious three course meal prepared for you.
Start your day with a delicious cooked breakfast that will energise you for the exciting day ahead. After a full safety briefing you will embark on a 5 hour rafting excursion combining various levels of adventure from calm, serene sections to more action packed rapids before stopping to enjoy a deli-style picnic lunch above Hellfire Rapid. Continue to navigate the river to Harpers Bluff where you will set up camp for the second night. Again, enjoy time to relax and take in the scenery, or go for a walk before dinner. After dinner explore the surrounds and maybe even discover a glow worm or two.
Enjoy another hearty breakfast on your last day to prepare for the activities that lie ahead. Tackle the Landsborough River down to Purple Creek where you will stop for lunch. If conditions permit, take a short walk to explore nearby waterfalls. After lunch take a leisurely float to Clarke Bluff where you will board the bus back to Queenstown, arriving at approximately 7.00pm.
- Return transfers from central Queenstown
- 2 nights camping
- 2 days wilderness rafting down Landsborough River
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing & safety equipment
- Scenic helicopter or fixed wing flight into Landsborough Valley camp site
- Camping equipment
- All meals and beverages (beer and wine included)
- Experienced guides & safety kayaker
- Extensive safety briefing
- 3 days and 2 nights
- 8.30am Friday (returns 7pm Sunday)
- Departs from Queenstown Rafting Shop, 35 Shotover St, Queenstown or pick up from your Queenstown accommodation
- Operates during the summer months only (mid November to March)
- You must be able to swim
- Minimum weight 40kg
- Minimum age is 15 years. Under 18 guardian conditions apply
- Small group sizes. Maximum of 14
- No previous rafting experience is required
- Arrangements can be made to pick up from Wanaka. Please advise at the time of booking if you require a pick up from Wanaka
- Please bring swimwear, a towel, sleeping bag, warm clothing to put on at the end of the day, jacket & personal toiletries
- Landsborough River is grade 3 - 4 rapids (may vary with weather and seasons)
Prices & Options
3 Day 2 Night Landsborough Rafting:
- adult (15yrs+) NZD$1899.00
No Questions yet
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.