Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Scenic Plane Flights - Flightseeing Wanaka
Scenic Plane Flights - Flightseeing
What better way to explore New Zealand than with Wanaka Flightseeing. The experience of gliding over the magical landscape of South Island’s southern region is truly second to none! The choice to fly to either Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Mount Aspiring, Mount Cook and West Coast glaciers or on private charter, is all yours. These exclusive flights will have you mesmerised by New Zealand's beauty. Some of the journey will have you seeing areas only accessible by air; the wild remote location of places found on this tour lends to the catch phrase, 'flights of discovery'.
Wanaka Scenic plane flights will have you marvelling at the beauty of the cascading waterfalls, in awe of the mountainous glaciers of Mount Cook and the west coast and stunned by the snow covered peaks of Mount Aspiring, and the alpine lakes that reflect the surrounding beauty like a giant marvellous mirror.The flights are mesmerising and you'll be guaranteed a window seat so you can be sure you’ll see all the hidden treasures the landscape has to offer. The two-way headsets grants you access to full commentary, so you can enjoy every aspect of your journey.
All flights depart daily and there’s a plethora of options available, including a very popular Fly/Cruise/Fly journey which grants you spectacular views from the air and sea.
The team at Wanaka Flightseeing have been in operation since 1999, with a perfect track record in both safety and reliability, ensuring a perfect adventure for you and you family.
Milford Sound - Overfly
This one and a half hour journey departs on demand and will have you awe inspired at the Alpine-terrained glory of Milford Sound. The stunning, out-of-this-world experience will leave you completely amazed at the beauty of nature.
Mount Aspiring & Glaciers
Known as the ‘Matterhorn of the South’, Mount Aspiring is glorious in all its wonder; be it the steep drops of sheer ice, or the sharp and seemingly dangerous striking peaks towering over emerald National Park. The 50 minute on demand flight will give you close-up views of Mount Aspiring and its glaciers. Your heart will race at the natural beauty, and a touch of thrilling adrenaline will enliven your senses.
Mount Cook & Glaciers
This flight takes you over the glorious rivers, sparkling crystal clear lakes and barren alpine terrain, enroute to the glory that is Mount Cook – New Zealand’s highest peak. You also get to explore and discover the sensational Tasman, Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers on this stunning one hour and forty minute, on demand flight.
- Return transfers from your accommodation to the airport
- Scenic flight with guaranteed window seat
- Informative flight commentary
- Allow 2 - 3 hours depending on flight choice (including accommodation transfers)
- Departs morning & afternoon on demand
- Free pick up from your Wanaka accommodation or make your own way to the airport
- Operates all year
- Child prices from 4 - 14yrs (3 years or under are free)
- Operated by Wanaka Flightseeing with over 20 years flying in this region
- Experienced and dedicated pilots & staff
- CAA approved operator
- A window seat for everyone
- Full commentary provided
- All flights require a minimum number of 2 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- If your flight is cancelled due to bad weather you can reschedule or contact us for a full refund
Prices & Options
Mt Aspiring & Glaciers:
- adult NZD$270.00
- child (4-14yrs) NZD$185.00
Milford Sound Overfly:
- adult NZD$435.00
- child (4-14yrs) NZD$299.00
Mt Cook & Glaciers:
- adult NZD$465.00
- child (4-14yrs) NZD$299.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Scenic Plane Flights - Flightseeing (Wanaka).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.