Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Winery Bike Tours - On Yer Bike Hawkes Bay
Winery Bike Tours - On Yer Bike
Imagine leisurely riding along on a bicycle, surrounded by beautiful scenery and stopping occasionally for a fine food and wine tasting at some of New Zealand’s best wineries. If this sounds like a great day out to you, you’re in luck!
On Yer Bike Tours offer an amazing bike and wine experience that will guarantee a day to remember. Their self-guided Winery Tour involves you strapping on your (compulsory) helmet, jumping on your comfortable 21 gear Mountain Bike and grabbing your winery map, before meandering your way around the stunning Hawkes Bay area, stopping wherever you choose. You can even take advantage of On Yer Bike’s tandem bicycles, for a novelty ride that adds an extra dimension of fun to your trip!
Enjoy superb views of the vineyards, olive groves, horse studs, orchards and farmland in the Gimblett Gravels and Ngatarawa Triangle wine growing regions as you pedal along the flat, easy track. You even get to cycle off-road, between the vines of some of the local vineyards – a truly magical experience.
You can make your own way through the map and the longest route is about 20km; although, you may choose shorter routes. The wineries you may visit include Abbey Cellars, Alpha Domus, Ash Ridge Wines, Ngatarawa Estate, Salvare, Sileni Estates, Te Awa, Triangle Cellars and Trinity Hill. A support vehicle will be on standby, just incase you need a bit of assistance along the way.
This tour is designed to be enjoyed by adults, 20 years and older. Your bike hire includes safety helmet (compulsory in New Zealand), basket or backpack with a picnic lunch inside and safety flags to enhance visibility. Facilities for parking your bike in bike racks are available at the wineries, and all bikes include a kick stand. You may test your bike out before departing.
Enjoy a blissful tour at a leisurely pace and soak up the ambience of New Zealand’s gorgeous winery region.
- Bicycle hire (mountain bike or tandem)
- Self guided tour (location map & vehicle support provided)
- Bike helmet & water bottle
- Picnic lunch (includes chicken salad sandwich, cheese & biscuits, cake, fruit & water)
- Allow a full day (the duration will vary depending on the number of wineries you choose to visit)
- Hourly from 10am
- You can depart anytime between 10am & 2pm however we recommend a morning departure to experience as many wineries as possible
- On Yer Bike, 2543 State Highway 50, Roys Hill, Hastings
- Operates summer months only (October - May)
- Suitable for anyone who can ride a bike aged 20 years & older
- A baby seat is available for for 1-3 year olds & there is a child trailer for 4-8 yr olds. For children 8-14 years we recommend that they share a tandem with an adult. Adult bikes are suitable for children over the age of 14 years
- Tasting fees apply at some of the wineries
- Wear closed footwear
- There are a total of 9 wineries included in the bike tour. We recommend departing at 10am to if you are wanting to visit them all
Prices & Options
Adult (20yrs+): NZD$50.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Winery Bike Tours - On Yer Bike (Hawkes Bay).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.