Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Bike Tours - Bike the Wineries Queenstown
Gibbston Valley Wineries by Bike
Experience Queenstown's famous wine region and enjoy the spectacular scenery whilst ticking off your fitness for the day. Embark on the full or half day self guided winery bike tour and cruise the wineries at your leisure.
Full Day Self Guided Winery Bike Tour (up to 23km riding)
The Full Day Self-Guided Tour starts with a scenic transfer to the historic gold-mining village of Arrowtown. Take it easy and fuel your ride with a cafe stop first in quaint Arrowtown or get straight into action and ride along the Arrow River Trail until it meets the Kawarau River. Access the original Miners Trail that crosses the Kawarau Suspension Bridge, the home of the original bungy and the beginning of the Gibbston Valley.
From the Kawarau Bungy you will set off to bike at your leisure the Gibbston River Trail. You will be provided with an informative trail map to visit as many of the 8+ wineries located throughout the 9kms of easy riding through Gibbston Valley. Enjoy a relaxed lunch en-route or picnic at one of the many Wineries (own expense).
You will be collected from Gibbston Tavern at the end of the day and transferred back to Queenstown.
Half Day Self Guided Winery Bike Tour (up to 15km riding)
If you are short on time or don't fancy spending all day on your bike then you can do the half day tour. This is essentially the same as the full day tour however you will be dropped at the Miners Trail instead of Arrowtown and you will bike 5km until you hit Gibbston Valley. You will then have time to explore the wineries at your leisure before getting collected from the Gibbston Tavern at the end of the day.
- Return transfers from central Queenstown
- Mountain bike
- Safety helmet
- Map of trail
- Exclusive winery deals
- Full Day Self Guided Winery Tour - allow 8 hours
- Half Day Self Guided Winery Tour - allow 4 hours
- Full Day Self Guided Winery Tour - 9am (returns 5.15pm)
- Half Day Self Guided Winery Tour - 1pm (returns 5.15pm)
- Departs from your central Queenstown accommodation or meet outside The Station Building
- Operates daily all year (half day tour only operates in summer)
- Children's bikes, kiddie bike seats & kids half bikes available. Kids under 5 years old put in a kiddie seat with mum or dad and are charged at the infant rate of $50 which also includes the car seat for transfers to & from town
- The Half Day tour only runs during the summer months from October to April. During the winter months the Full Day tour finishes at 4pm
- Please note wine tastings are not included. Prices vary from winery to winery from $5 - $15 at each vineyard
- The Half Day Winery Tour does not include pick up from accommodation & instead you will need to meet outside the The Station Building in central Queenstown
- Lunch is not included so bring with you a picnic lunch or money to purchase lunch at one of the wineries
- Bring with you comfortable footwear, suitable clothing (ideally shorts, riding pants or tights), rain jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle, camera, money for photos
Prices & Options
Half Day Self Guided Tour:
- adult NZD$80.00
- child (5-14yrs) NZD$65.00
- infant (0-4yrs) NZD$50.00
Full Day Self Guided Tour:
- adult NZD$95.00
- child (5-14yrs) NZD$75.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Received booking confirmation straight away and all was correct. Will use Everything Travel Group again.
Product rating: excellent
Fun tour and not expensive. Thanks guys!
Service rating: good
I love the trip.
Product rating: good
I love the trip.
Latest Questions about Bike Tours - Bike the Wineries (Queenstown)
If it rains on the day we have reserved, can we reschedule for another day?
We have a 6 month old and were wondering if there is a bike setup available to bring him along?
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.