Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Kayaking - Go Orange Doubtful Sound
Doubtful Sound Sea Kayaking
A day trip sea kayaking on Doubtful Sound is the perfect way to experience a small section of this remote wilderness in just one day. Journey across Lake Manapouri and the Wilmot Pass into Doubtful Sound to experience majestic peaks which rise out of the ocean and tower above you, contrasted by the glassy waters.
You will begin the day crossing the beautiful Lake Manapouri by ferry before boarding your coach which will take you across the Southern Alps, over the Wilmot Pass and down into Deep Cove where your kayaking adventure begins. During the trip you will enjoy 3 hours of paddling out on the fiord, exploring Deep Cove, Rolla Island and Olphert Cove before returning back to Manapouri. Your experienced and friendly guide for the day will provide you with commentary on the surroundings and how the area has been formed over years as well as hot drinks to keep you warm on your trip.
Doubtful Sound in Fiordland National Park, is home to unique birds, seals, dolphins and the extremely rare Fiordland Crested Penguin that are encountered on Rolla Island as you paddle around the shoreline. Kayaking is a great way to get up close to the wildlife and to capture rare and unique photo opportunities.
- Transfers from Te Anau (if required)
- Lake Manapouri ferry & Wilmot Pass coach
- 3 hours kayaking in Doubtful Sound
- Experienced & personable guides with a maximum of 8 per group
- Hot drinks provided
- Allow a full day
- Tour departs 6.45am from Manapouri (returns 4pm)
- Departs from Pearl Harbour, Manapouri or return transfers available from Te Anau accommodation
- Operates in Summer only (Oct - Apr)
- You must be water confient & moderately fit to participate in the tour
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- If we can not kayak due to weather conditions the kayaking may be substituted with a 3 hour boat cruise
- We provide all specialist attire designed to keep you warm & dry. Thermal top, leggings, wetsuit vest, fleece top, paddle jacket, lifejacket, spray deck, fleece hat, paddling gloves, dry bags, double kayaks & paddles, group safety gear & hot drinks
- Bring with you a camera (at your own risk), swimwear to wear under thermals, shorts, soft shoes or sandals which will get wet, change of clothes & footwear, rain jacket, lunch, warm socks, towel, sunblock, sunglasses, hat, insect repellent, water bottle & a bag for your wet clothes
Prices & Options
Adult (16 yrs+):
- ex Manapouri NZD$255.00
- ex Te Anau NZD$255.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Kayaking - Go Orange (Doubtful Sound).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.