Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruises Doubtful Sound
Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruises
The magnificent Doubtful Sound, located in a pristine World Heritage Area, will amaze and astound. The sheer power of nature hangs in the air amidst the isolation, the raw wilderness and the incredible peace of this very special part of the world. Famed for its wild flora and fauna, Doubtful Sound is the second largest fiord of the fourteen in Fiordland National Park, being ten times as large and three times as long as Milford Sound.
Enjoy a brief but tranquil cruise across the pristine Lake Manapouri and then ride in a coach over Wilmot Pass, after which you will get onboard the Fiordland Navigator at Deep Cove.
On your overnight cruise with Real Journeys, you will have ample time to gape at the amazing views and to fully explore Doubtful Sound’s secret arms. Spot bottlenose dolphins and fur seals, and even rare penguins if you’re lucky. You’ll be able to kayak at leisure along the shoreline or take a ride in the tender craft with a knowledgeable nature guide. As the sun sets, the ship will drop anchor at a cherished spot. After a long day of exploring, tuck into a sumptuous buffet in the elegant dining saloon. You may choose from private cabins with ensuite bathrooms on a double or twin share basis or shared quad share bunk-style accommodation.
- Optional return transfers from Queenstown, Te Anau or self drive to Manapouri
- 45 min boat ride across Lake Manapouri
- Luxury cruise on Doubtful Sound on board the Fiordland Navigator
- Overnight accommodation (twin share or bunk style)
- Kayaking or tender craft (small boat) tour
- Three course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast
- 24 hours (overnight)
- 8.30am from Queenstown (returns by 3.30pm next day)
- 11am from Te Anau (returns by 12.45pm next day)
- 12.30pm from Manapouri (returns by 11.45pm next day)
- Boat departs from Manapouri or you can get picked up from your Queenstown or Te Anau accommodation
- Operates daily during summer only (Sep-May)
- Rooms are quad share (sleep 4) or private cabins (sleep 2). If you are travelling on your own we suggest you book quad share otherwise you will have to book a private cabin on your own which costs 2 x twin share
- Boat sleeps a maximum of 70 people
- There is no food available on board until dinner, so either take your own or pre purchase a picnic lunch
- Limited space for luggage so we recommend taking a small backpack only overnight
- Suitable for all ages with the exception of infants
- Operates September to May only
- Dress warmly and don't forget your camera
- Free tea and coffee is available on the cruise boat as well as a fully licensed bar
- This trip begins in Manapouri (30 min drive from Te Anau). Coach options are available from Queenstown and Te Anau
- Ask us about the Real Journeys 20% Multi Purchase Discount off selected Real Journeys products
Prices & Options
Adult (quad share per person):
- from Manapouri NZD$427.00
- from Te Anau NZD$437.00
- from Queenstown NZD$487.00
Adult (twin share per person):
- from Manapouri NZD$665.00
- from Te Anau NZD$675.00
- from Queenstown NZD$725.00
Child (quad share per person):
- from Manapouri NZD$214.00
- from Te Anau NZD$219.00
- from Queenstown NZD$244.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Perfect - from pick up to drop off at Te Anau Top 10. Boat, food and accommodation excellent. What made the trip spedial was Captain Dave Allen and his crew.
Service rating: excellent
Everything went as planned!
Product rating: excellent
One of the highlights of our trip! BEAUTIFUL!
Everything Travel Group Review
This is a must do activity. Even if all your accommodation is already booked, spend a night floating on Doubtful Sound. The food is plentiful, the staff are helpful, funny and knoweldgable and the scenery is second to none. It beats Milford Sound hands down!
Suggestions: Book well in advance as this is often booked up months ahead. The quad share is fine if you want to save a buck and a good way to meet new friends but if you really want to spoil your loved one then book a double room with a private ensuite.
Latest Questions about Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruises (Doubtful Sound)
We have booked an overnight cruise for July. We need to book lodging for the day before and day after the cruise. Where do passengers typically stay?
Hi 4 adults and requiring 2x cabins looking at overnight on Doughtfull Sounds on 2 /3 ? Jan 2018
How much would be the cancellation fee in case we cannot make it?
Hi there...my wife and I and daughter who will be five in November are interested in an over night cruise in October. ..are we able to book a twin share for the three of us? Or would you not recommend this trip with our daughter?
We will be in NZ next Feb and March, 2017
Is it too early to book it now?
We are considering to join the doubtful sound overnight cruise. As we have four adults and one children of 11, do you provide one extra bed in a quad sharing room?
Can you confirm what accomodation options are available and does each cabin have it's own ensuite?
Hi! I will like to confirm if the overnight cruise is available on 29 May 2016? Thanks!
Looking to book this for 10th November 2015. I'll be in Te Anau on the 9th. Is it possible to take a coach connection fetching me from Te Anau and dropping me off at Queenstown the next day?
dear, we are coming to NZ wih the family (2 adults, 4 kids). Is it possible to go on the cruise the doubtfull sound in the period 10 to 14th of august ?
We want to do a trip on Doubtful or Milford Sound with a 2 and a half yr old. Are the overnight cruises suitable? Is there availability at end of Jan/beginning Feb? We would need a double cabin (our daughter can sleep with us.)
I presume booking ahead in essential?
How many people are on the cruise normally in summer?
If I self drive from Queenstown,is it a straight forward drive, that is not likely to get lost on the way, and how long should I allow to get there.
If I want departure from Te Anau and reture to Queenstown, how much would be charges on Nov?
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.