Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Shweeb - Agroventures Rotorua
Shweeb - Agroventures
Whether you’re a seasoned thrill-seeker who is getting bored of the usual activities on offer, or just someone who is looking for something different to do on the weekend, you can be sure of enjoying a thrilling and unique experience from within a Shweeb pod!
Located only 10km from Rotorua City, Agroventures is home to the innovative Shweeb – the extremely fun invention that can best be described as a bicycle in a bubble! It consists of a see-through pod – suspended under a 200 metre long monorail track – which is powered solely by your pedalling effort as you lay back in a comfortable seat.
The Shweeb riding experience gives you the chance to compete against family, friends or even the clock, over a 600 metre race (three laps). You have seven gears to work through, which gives you the potential to reach up to 50 kilometres per hour and achieve 60 degree swings around the bends in the challenging and exciting track. Who knows, you may even have what it takes to beat the current Shweeb world record and take home the $1000 cash prize!
Regardless of how well you actually do end up doing in your Shweeb race, you are sure to have an absolute blast! As you quickly weave your way around the monorail track, you will experience terrific farmland scenery, as well as views of Agroventure’s other interesting and unique attractions. Each and every ‘Shweeber’ goes home with a certificate displaying their race time, so you can hang on to it for future reference, show it off to your mates, or go back at a later date and try to smash your own record.
The Shweeb experience is a truly unforgettable adventure and is absolutely perfect for a family day out, a day with friends or just a solo adrenaline rush. If you’re a Rotorua local, be warned – the Shweeb is highly addictive fun, so you will undoubtedly be back for more!
- 3 laps of the 200m Shweeb track
- You can combine the Shweeb with other activities at Agroventures to save money. See Agroventure Activity Combos listing on our site
- Allow 1 hour including travel time from Rotorua
- All day between 9am & 5pm
- You will need to get your own way to the Agroventures base located 10kms from Rotorua township on State Highway 5 next to the Agrodome. You can drive yourself or catch the local bus that departs every 10 minutes from town
- Operates all year
- Shweeb can be combined with other activities at Agroventures to save money. See Agroventure Activity Combos listing on our site
- Minimum height of 1.1 metres and maximum of 2 metres
- One to four people can Shweeb at any one time
- The current world record is 57.1 seconds for a 600m race & is held by a UK male in the under 25 age category
- The oldest person to Shweeb is 82
- Those that are pregnant, have a heart condition, neck or back problems or a neurological disorder should not participate in Shweeb or they should seek medical advice & certification first
- All adventure activities at Agroventures are Qualmark Endorsed & are members of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter
Upgrade this activity to one of the following combos:
- Agroventures Activity Combos
Prices & Options
Adult (5yrs+): NZD$49.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Good works guys
Product rating: excellent
Glad we did it.
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Shweeb - Agroventures (Rotorua).
96% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.