Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Fiordland Expeditions Overnight Cruise Doubtful Sound
Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
Fiordland's Doubtful Sound is such a magnificently beautiful place that many people lament the fact that tours of the area aren't long enough. Fear not – Fiordland Expeditions has solved that problem, with the introduction of overnight cruises!
Your first port of call is the amazing Lake Manapouri, over which you will experience a gorgeous scenic cruise. On the far side of Lake Manapouri, you will be whisked away in a coach, which takes you over the Wilmot Pass on your way to your 'floating quarters', the TUTOKO II. On board, you will be handed a glass of bubbly as you are introduced to the extremely friendly crew, who will be accompanying you on your journey for the next 22 hours.
What you do next is completely up to you! Do you feel like lounging about on deck with a big glass of wine and a good book? Go for it. Want to try your hand at catching a fresh fish dinner? No problem. How about testing out your kayaking skills, or even have a swim or snorkel Great! Whatever you choose, Fiordland Expeditions will ensure you have a fun and memorable time.
While you are having fun, don't forget to keep an eye out for the amazing wildlife that inhabits the Doubtful Sound area. You may see Fiordland Crested Penguins, Bottle-nosed Dolphins and NZ Fur Seals while you scan the phenomenal scenery. The scenery itself is simply jaw-dropping – huge mountains meet the glassy water while thick, emerald bushland cascades from their steep sides. No matter where you look, you will be awestruck by natural beauty.
When the cool hush of darkness begins to obscure your pleasurable view, you will be invited inside for a feast of fresh lobster and fish – caught earlier by the crew – as well as a plentiful platter of other local foods. With a head full of fresh memories and a belly-full of divine food, you can retire to your comfortable quarters or choose to relax and enjoy the great company.
- Return transfers between Manapouri & Doubtful Sound
- 45 min scenic cruise across Lake Manapouri to Doubtful Sound
- Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound on board Tutoko II
- All meals, bedding & towels
- Fishing rods & tackle
- Dolphin, seal & penguin spotting
- Fresh seafood & lobster dinner - caught that day
- Double, twin share or bunk style accommodation
- 27 hours in summer & 32 hours in winter (overnight)
- 9.30am (returns the next day at 12pm in summer & 5.30pm in winter)
- Departs from Manapouri
- Operates daily during summer only (Nov - Mar)
- Operates Monday, Wednesday & Saturday during winter (Apr-Oct)
- Child rates apply (5-14yrs)
- Operates all year
- Scuba diving is NO longer available on board the boat but you are welcome to swim or snorkel
- Maximum of 14 guests on board, no crowds & intimate experience
- Rooms consist of one shared cabin (sleeps 3), two private double or twin cabins with ensuite facilities, two private double or twin cabins without ensuite facilities
- Bring with you BYO alcoholic drinks, clothing to suit the season including light wet weather gear, camera, insect repellent,
- Viewing of the Tawaki (Fiordland Crested Penguins) in season only
- 240v power supply is available to charg camera batteries if needed
- You are welcome to bring any extra snacks with you however you will find that you are provided with plenty of food at all meal times
Prices & Options
Shared Cabin (per person):
- adult NZD$645.00
- child (5-14yrs) NZD$395.00
Private Cabin (with ensuite):
- double/triple share (per person) NZD$725.00
- family room (2ad+1ch) NZD$1845.00
- sole occupancy NZD$1370.00
Private Cabin (no ensuite):
- double/triple share (per person) NZD$710.00
- family room (2ad+1ch) NZD$1815.00
- sole occupancy NZD$1340.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Really good arrangements, well organised. The overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound with Fiordland Expeditions was truly amazing. The crew were so competent, personable and good fun and enabled the group to gel and get to know one another. The food was first class and beautifully presented, more like a gourmet restaurant than a boat! The cabins were very clean and comfortable and everything we needed was provided. Nothing too much trouble. The Fishing, kayaking and diving were highlights and the scenery just breathtaking. Thank you.
Product rating: excellent
Good value. We loved every moment of this adventure. So much better than going on the larger boat.
Latest Questions about Fiordland Expeditions Overnight Cruise (Doubtful Sound)
We are a group of three adult and 2 children who are age four, would like to know how much is the rate of our children? thanks
We are travelling with a 1 year old. There are no prices listed for children under 5. Can you please clarify the options for children under 5.
We have a group of 7 which includes 3 couples and we are travelling with our college student child. Would we qualify for the family room with our daughter? Also, do you have kayaks on board? We are looking at Tues Nov 11. Do you have availablility? Thanks.
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.