Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Kayaking - Kaiteriteri Kayaks Abel Tasman
Kayaking - Kaiteriteri Kayaks
Come and join us on a favourite family activity that anyone can enjoy! Kaiteriteri Kayaks offer a sight-filled, fun adventure on the sea, within the gorgeous Abel Tasman National Park.
For the past 15 years, locals and tourists alike have been flocking to Kaiteriteri Kayaks for a beautiful day on the water. As one of New Zealand's most popular sea kayaking destinations, the Abel Tasman National Park boasts over 50 kms of pristine coastline to explore. Sparkling turquoise water and golden beaches will fill your senses to the brim and the lagoons and coves dotted along the route will satisfy your adventurous side. If you are able to take your eyes off the gorgeous view, you may notice some of the marine animals and birds that call this haven their home; you may spot dolphins, seals and penguins, as well as many other types of wildlife. Kaiteriteri Kayaks offer a full or half-day kayaking options.
Big Tonga Magical Marine Reserve
This ultimate one day experience begins with a scenic Sea Shuttle ride into the centre of Tonga Island Marine Reserve where you begin your kayaking from Onetahuti Beach. Paddling offshore, you’ll head out to Tonga Island to see the seals. As we hold a marine mammal permit this ensure you can get up to 20 metres away from the seals frolicking at Tonga Island. Following the seal encounter you will head back down the coastline before stopping for a well-deserved kiwi lunch on a spectacular beach. Float into Falls River lagoon (winds/tides permitting) for stunning photo opportunities, then slowly paddle down to Anchorage where the Sea Shuttle will arrive to collect you. This trip caters for all itineraries so whether you choose to meet at Onetahuti, carry on walking after the tour, or simply come kayaking for the day, The Big Tonga fits into any day plan.
Split Apple Classic
Enjoy a half-day (approximately four hours) paddle along a safe and sheltered section of the coastline. This section of the Abel Tasman National Park is chock-full of sights and scenery to explore, including the famous Split Apple Rock. There are lagoons, caves, islands and beaches for you to stop at for a look-see. This 5km long paddling adventure is excellent for families and inexperienced kayakers, as it is an easy-going, safe day of fun.
- Top quality kayak, paddle & spray skirt
- Life jacket
- Dry bags for cameras
- Detailed maps
- Safety briefing & guide
- Hot chocolate, fresh ground coffee, tea & biscuits
- Big Tonga - 12km paddling, scenic cruise from Kaiteriteri to Onetahuti (1 hour), lunch, scenic cruise from Anchorage to Kaiteriteri (45 mins), 30mins sailing (winds/tides permitting)
- Split Apple - 5km paddling (no lunch), no walking
- Big Tonga - allow a full day
- Split Apple Classic - allow 4 hours
- Big Tonga departs at 8.30am (returns 4.30pm)
- Split Apple departs at 8:30am & 12.30pm (returns 12pm & 4pm)
- Departs the Sea Shuttle booth on Kaiteriteri-Sandy Bay Rd, Kaiteriteri Beach
- Operates daily all year
- Minimum age is 8 years for Split Apple and 14 years for Big Tonga
- Split Apple trip is ideal for families
- Big Tonga is a water taxi assisted full day kayaking trip & is the most popular trip
- Please bring: a hat, sunscreen, insect repellant, warm top (wool or fleece), T-shirt, shorts, swimsuit, wind jacket, camera, change of clothes & water, additional snack food (for those of you that get hungry through the day)
- Overnight trips available please contact us if you are interested
Prices & Options
Split Apple Half Day:
- adult NZD$80.00
- child (8-14yrs) NZD$60.00
Big Tonga Full Day:
- adult (14yrs+) NZD$199.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Eine tolle Tour mit einer kleinen Gruppe von insgesamt 5 Kajaks. Wir hatten viel Zeit im Wasser und an den Stränden. Das Mittagessen war mehr als ausreichend und lecker! Keine Wanderung, nur Transferboot und Kajak. Nehmt euch einen Schnorchel mit Taucherbrille mit!
Product rating: excellent
Tolle Tour! Sehr empfehlenswert!
Service rating: good
Easy to use. Great.
Product rating: excellent
Had a fantastic time. Great people, great day.
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Kayaking - Kaiteriteri Kayaks (Abel Tasman).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.