Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Hot Pools & Day Spa - Glacier Hot Pools Franz Josef
Hot Pools & Day Spa - Glacier Hot Pools
If there is one place on earth that could be considered the lap of luxury, it is the Glacier Hot Pools. Located in Franz Josef Township and surrounded by the lush, natural rainforest of the area, the Glacier Hot Pools is the perfect place to unwind after a day climbing the glaciers. Spend a lovely moment with family or friends or simply to relax and enjoy the exquisite surroundings.
With three secluded private pools and three larger public pools surrounded by breathtaking rainforest and native wildlife, there is plenty of inspiration to invigorate your senses and realign your body, mind and spirit (or your tinana, hinengaro and wairua in Māori). These amazingly therapeutic Hot Pools – which sit at an inviting temperature of 36 - 40 degrees Celsius – are actually fed by the pure waters of the renowned Franz Josef Glacier. Ka Roimata o Hinehukatere (‘the tears of Hinehukatere'), is the traditional Māori name for Franz Josef. The story behind the name tells of Hinehukatere's lost love, Wawe who was swept to his death by an avalanche. It is said that Hinehukatere was so broken hearted, that her tears of aroha (love) flowed down the mountain and were frozen by the Gods to form the glacier. The romantic aspect of this beautiful story is still celebrated in the local area and sets the scene for a blissful spa experience.
There is a minimum of 2 people per private pool (cannot be booked for 1 person only, due to health and safety regulations) but the pools can hold up to four people.
The Glacier Hot Pools exclusive massage facility offers an option for every need. From a relaxation massage to a Swedish massage, a sports or deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy and even myofascial release – the amazingly skilled massage therapists will tailor your therapy to you and make sure you leave feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. When combined with a dip in the Hot Pools, a massage is the ultimate indulgence and will make you feel like a new person.
- Massage - 30 or 60 minute massage
- Private Hot Pool - 45 minutes in a private hot pool plus entry into the public hot pool
- Public Pools - general admission between 1pm - 9pm (last entry is 8pm)
- Massage - allow 15 mins extra from the length of massage you choose
- Private Hot Pool - allow 1hr (45mins in the pool)
- Public Pools - open from 1pm to 9pm
- Conveniently located in the heart of Franz Josef township on Cron Street
- The Glacier Hot Pools facility is open from 1pm - 9pm everyday
- There are only 3 private pools so we recommend booking this well in advance
- The Private Hot Pools can hold up to 4 people & there is a minimum of 2 people per pool. Private Pools can not be booked for 1 person only due to health and safety regulations
- The public pools are open from 1pm until 10pm (last entry at 8pm). Children under 5 are free in the public pools
- Pool temperature is 36 - 40 degrees celcius
- Towels, lockers, retail & refreshment facilities are all available on site
Prices & Options
Public Pools (general admission):
- adult NZD$27.00
- child (5-16yrs) NZD$23.00
Private Hot Pool:
- 2 people NZD$95.00
- 3 people NZD$142.50
- 4 people NZD$190.00
- 30 minutes NZD$90.00
- 60 minutes NZD$140.00
Latest Questions about Hot Pools & Day Spa - Glacier Hot Pools (Franz Josef)
Hi we have a 8 month old can he go into pools and do you guys sell swim nappies
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.