Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Ice Climbing - Fox Glacier Guiding Fox Glacier
Ice Climbing - Fox Glacier Guiding
Heli Ice Climbing
For a truly spectacular and unique adventure, why not try your hand at ice climbing? And even better, you get a return helicopter flight to and from the glacier! Fox Glacier Guiding offer you the amazing opportunity to spend an entire day climbing ice walls, conveniently located in the lower part of the awe inspiring Fox Glacier – and the best part? Even if you’ve never even seen the ice before, you can still take part in some awesome ice climbing!
Before setting out on your exhilarating ice climbing adventure, you will be fully equipped with specialised mountaineering boots, crampons, ice axes and technical gear. Your specially trained and highly experienced guides are possibly the best in New Zealand, and will train you in a particular order that will have you scaling the ice in no time. The level of challenges presented to you will be fully tailored to your abilities, ensuring that you are safe, comfortable and having an awesome time. As you master the basic cramponing and ice axe techniques, you will be able to challenge yourself with longer and steeper pitches, vertical climbs and even overhanging ice walls and pinnacles (secured at all times by a top rope attached to your harness).
There is really nothing like dominating an ice wall, looking down and feeling like king of the world!
- Professional & experienced guide
- Leather boots & socks, crampons, raincoat, waterproof over trousers, alpenstock, woollen hat & mittens (in winter months)
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Allow 8 hours (5-6 hours ice climbing)
- Depart from Fox Glacier Guide base, situated on the main road of Fox Glacier
- Operates daily all year
- Good level of fitness required
- No previous ice climbing experience required
- Children not allowed
- Please bring: warm clothing including long sleeved tops & trousers (jeans are not recommended), lunch & a drink, sunglasses & sun protection
- We recommend you pop into the Fox Glacier Guides shop the day/night before to check what gear you need to bring
Prices & Options
Heli Ice Climbing:
- adult NZD$525.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Ice Climbing - Fox Glacier Guiding (Fox Glacier).
92% of new customers that used Everything New Zealand to provide advice and securely book their NZ activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.